Author Topic: Dalton/Crowe Corrogemore Tipperary  (Read 9816 times)

Offline merrick7

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Dalton/Crowe Corrogemore Tipperary
« Reply #45 on: Thursday 28 December 17 20:53 GMT (UK) »
Maurice who was a farmer would also have been a Poor Law Gaurdian .
   Going by naming patterns your Margaret born in 1897 was more than likely called after her mothers mother . So checking baptisms in the local area looking for a Hanley girl born to a Margaret I find the bapt. of Ellen Hanly in Emly parish to Walter Hanly and Margaret O Dwyer in April !868 .

Edmond Dalton was born in Ballyhurst on 13th June 1900 to Maurice Dalton and Ellen Hanley . There is probably a Church marriage in Emly for the couple . I will have a chat with Fr. Rochford there for you who loves a bit of genealogy . Or you could pay for the information in Tipperary .
   The Hanly girls may not have been related I'm  thinking as there is a connection with the Dalton's of Ballyhurst , my crowd . and O Ryans of Ballyhurst and also the Hanleys of Emly  . Then again you could be right and they were cousins

P J

Offline merrick7

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Thursday 28 December 17 21:09 GMT (UK) »
If the baptisms for Margaret , Edmond , Julia , Bridget , Mary , William and John were checked also and there were O Dwyer sponsors it would help confirm my belief .
 It is also not unusual for marriages not to be registered . We call it human error and it frustrates us all in facing that brick wall . Not registering births and deaths after 1864 we were especially good at . I would fine half my ancestors for that offence .
P J

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Thursday 28 December 17 21:12 GMT (UK) »
I can see a Maurice Dalton and Margaret O'Brien having children baptised in Tipperary parish just can't see Maurice yet.

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Thursday 28 December 17 21:43 GMT (UK) »
BTW Emily/Amy is in the Will Calendars as Emily
http://www.willcalendars.nationalarchives.ie/reels/cwa/005014916/005014916_00407.pdf

RootsIreland only seem to have one marriage for Maurice Dalton +/-1896 and one for Winifred Hanly
so if he did marry an Emily it wasn't in his local church

Offline northwest26

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Thursday 28 December 17 23:45 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for that information. I will try to find any record of baptisms. Northwest 26

Offline Shay123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Friday 16 March 18 16:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
Sorry I haven't got time to read everyones post in detail but I have this data

Roman Cath Parish Registers
Thomas Crowe and Mary Danton / Danlon / Dalton had four baptisms
Patrick 05 Sep 1834,
Edmond 07 Mar 1836,
James 20 May 1838 and
Patrick again 08 Mar 1843. 
Residence Kilshinane, Knockavilla - Near Cashel

Thomas Crowe and Elizabeth Dalton had Eliza baptised in Dublin 25 Jan 1867 I have a note that says the birth may be 11 Jan 1867?
Crowe, Crough, Croagh some Croak and Crow
Ireland mainly Tipperary / Limerick (where the name variations occurred most) but I have many all Ireland collections of data etc.

Offline northwest26

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Friday 16 March 18 18:11 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for the information! I will attempt to find more information on Eliza Crowe Dalton, as I'm curious to learn when the Crowe and Dalton families first joined together. I have Dalton/Crowe family in Tipperary, so not sure about this family in Dublin.
I'm still looking for information on my grandmother (married to Maurice Dalton in Tipperary). Can't confirm if she was, in fact, Winifred Hanly, or Amy/Ellen/Emma Hanly. Amy Hanly died in 1905 and that is the name on my mother's birth certificate. I can't find a death registration for Winifred or a marriage registration for Amy..to Maurice. Your help is much appreciated. Northwest 26

Offline Shay123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Saturday 17 March 18 09:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi again,
Thanks for the reply, glad to help
One quick thought as I also have a problem with an Ellen Hanly as a possible connection.
I have thousands of baptism records I have scavenged over the years (only way to solve the brick wall) and for larger families it is amazing how any one person can be recorded. Of course we know the variations happen and there is illiteracy, dialects etc. However the thing is it is possible to see variations in childrens birth / baptism registers over the years that may help in deciding between formal and informal names? It may be a trial to get the names but as a last resort?
Another thought I just had while writing is that if youare searching in Tipperary even the state records are split between registration districts i.e. Cashel, Nenagh, Thurles, Tipperary and even Limerick. Searching for Tipp only will not find these other Tipp records. Many of my  names are split between Limerick and Tipperary though they are all from " Solohead ". Places in Tipp do not relate very well to Google maps either and is, frankly, a nightmare to understand the districts over time.

Best of luck,
No reply needed! :)
Shay
Enclosed a couple of attachments that you may have already.
Crowe, Crough, Croagh some Croak and Crow
Ireland mainly Tipperary / Limerick (where the name variations occurred most) but I have many all Ireland collections of data etc.

Offline northwest26

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Saturday 17 March 18 15:49 GMT (UK) »
Thank you! I did not have the James/Hanoria marriage registration, so will research that line. Every clue is appreciated : ) Northwest 26