Author Topic: Kingston upon Hull Holy Trinity Burial 1817  (Read 826 times)

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
Kingston upon Hull Holy Trinity Burial 1817
« on: Thursday 09 March 17 20:24 GMT (UK) »
Does anyone by any chance have access to the Holy Trinity burial register for 1817 and could check an age for me please?

FindMyPast, as per usual, have large gaps in the coverage of their digitised registers and unfortunately Familysearch don't include any ages on the burial entries they have extracted.  I'd be interested in knowing the age so I can confirm which person it relates to.

25 May 1817 - Edward Redmore

Don't need any other information just looking for the age (and residence if more than just of the parish). ;)

Thanks

Nicola
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Kingston upon Hull Holy Trinity Burial 1817
« Reply #1 on: Friday 10 March 17 11:38 GMT (UK) »
Sorry Can't help with age on burial records but there is a few trees on Ancestry with same burial date has him born 1744 Partney Lincolnshire father George mother Ann White ...Married to a Sarah Greswell ...Maybe worth checking out

Rosie

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 10 March 17 15:26 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Rosie, that's who I think it is too but I'd like to be sure before adding it to the tree.  Familysearch are really annoying with their burials excluding ages for post 1813 registers. :-\  His wife died in the area in 1838, or that's who I think it is, so it probably is him but would just like to be sure as Edward is a really common name in that family.  I suppose what's more annoying is the poor lack of quality checking with FindMyPast for completeness, a lot of Kingston upon Hull Holy Trinity is missing from the early 1800s. :-X  Not sure now whose worse for this FindMyPast or Ancestry.

A lot of the Ancestry public trees for the family contain quite a number of errors.
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 10 March 17 15:28 GMT (UK) »
Yes always best to check these things first ... :) :)

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 10 March 17 15:33 GMT (UK) »
Several researchers, in spite of significant evidence to the contrary, claim the family originated in Devon because there are families of that name from there (well they did last time I looked anyway).  The Hull/Sculcoates family originated in Lincolnshire and documentary evidence confirming this exists but they won't even consider this. :-\

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 10 March 17 16:25 GMT (UK) »
FindMyPast, as per usual, have large gaps in the coverage of their digitised registers

It looks as though FindMyPast only have the register up to December 1812 and they don't give the age on them.  Registers were mainly preprinted from 1813 so it is likely that they just don't have the new register  :-\   http://www.archivecdbooks.org/resources/registers/3baptpost1813.htm
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk