Author Topic: John Henry and Beatrice Jane C.M. Crisp  (Read 3067 times)

Offline MaureeninNY

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: John Henry and Beatrice Jane C.M. Crisp
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 12 March 17 17:18 GMT (UK) »
I really meant John Henry and Beatrice were in WA by 1910. :)

Maureen

Offline j-allen

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 12 March 17 17:29 GMT (UK) »
I really meant John Henry and Beatrice were in WA by 1910. :)

Maureen
Ah, sorry I misconstrued that, as I knew his elder brother was already out there. In fact Maureen so glad you have pointed this out now as being John Henry, it may well explain why I can't find the family on the 1911 census here. So perhaps he and Beatrice went there to live a lot earlier than I had thought if he's on an electoral role.
I am seeing a different picture now and when he was here in 1838 he may perhaps have been back here visiting relatives as he was 70 by this time.

Thanks again.
Janice
Rowe (Cornwall, Leicester), Crowther (Worcestershire), Crisp,Westley, Rew (Warwickshire), Bryan (Leicestershire)

Offline MaureeninNY

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 12 March 17 17:55 GMT (UK) »
 :) :)
That's fine,Janice. I wasn't very clear. Sorry.

Yes,they seem to have moved to Aus. quite early on. Not too many Beatrice Jane Christina Mary Crisps roaming around. :)

I'm not very good at Aus. genealogy.
Maureen

Offline MaureeninNY

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 12 March 17 18:21 GMT (UK) »
I did find John Henry's death notice,though:

http://www.rootschat.com/links/01joq/

It's in the first column. Quite a few children!

Maureen

Offline j-allen

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 13 March 17 17:39 GMT (UK) »

Thanks so much Maureen this has been a bit of an eye opener!

I see Muriel wasn't there on the death notice as a mentioned daughter. If they went to Australia sometime shortly after the 1901 census around 1902/3 surely they took Muriel who was just a baby!

Janice
Rowe (Cornwall, Leicester), Crowther (Worcestershire), Crisp,Westley, Rew (Warwickshire), Bryan (Leicestershire)

Offline MaureeninNY

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 13 March 17 18:06 GMT (UK) »
Yes,I was thinking that Muriel must have died as a child/young woman.

Maureen

Offline Lee Ingram

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 08 October 17 13:10 BST (UK) »
I have done my own family tree search which entailed the 'Crisp' surname being changed to 'Ingram' in the 1800's. The Crisps in my family tree all come from 'Crick' in Northampton/Warrickshire dating back to the early 1700's and ended up coming to Leicester city area as Ingram's!
The name change comes in the 1800's with a Samuel Crisp which seems to be to avoid hefty fines as was a petty criminal!

I would love to find others who are connected in my family tree of Crisp's originating in 'Crick' Northamptonshire/Warrickshire so please make contact to share trees if you wish.   

Offline Jane47

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 28 October 17 08:10 BST (UK) »
John Henry and Beatrice Jane Christiana Crisp were my grandparents. JH was not in the 1901 census as he was serving in South Africa (Boer war). After the war the couple and daughter Muriel moved to South Africa to live. I believe they had two daughters, Mabel and Ethel while possibly living in the Port Elizabeth area. They then relocated to Western Australia, where Joseph Crisp was living. They lived in the Perth suburb of Maylands and had a total of ten children. Muriel died at the age of 11.
JH and Beatrice did travel to England in the late 1930s before returning to live in Western Australia.
JH died on June 6 1944  and BJCM died on December 26 1953.
Please let me know if you would like more information.

Offline j-allen

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 01 November 17 11:13 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so much for all the information you sent Jane47. I have copied and pasted it until I can sit down with my Crisp family and fit in all the information. When I have time to do this I might get back to you.