Author Topic: The family of Annie Ledingham LAW  (Read 2636 times)

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
Re: The family of Annie Ledingham LAW
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 12 March 17 11:27 GMT (UK) »
Looking at the free index for the 1911 Census the following have the same reference number(282/2 26/ 12) St Mary , Angus

Robert Law 29
Isabella Law 28
Andrew Law 7
Maggie Law 6
David Law 4
Annie Law 2

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline Nottschick

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 12 March 17 14:46 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so much everyone for the amazing amount of information that has appeared on my thread overnight.  My friend will be thrilled to bits.

I think I need to obtain the marriage certificate for Robert Law and Isabella Balfour.   Google has given me a few options of websites to purchase from, but I would like please your opinions on the best place and price.  As the marriage was in 1903, do I need the specific reference for the marriage or will the names and place suffice?

NC.

Offline Wendy2305

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 12 March 17 15:06 GMT (UK) »
The only place to buy Scottish certs is Scotlands People births over 100 years marriages over 75 years and deaths over 50 years are all downloadable from there entries are from the register books and give you all the details Certificates after this have to be ordered 
ps You buy bundles of credits price ranging from £7.50 for 30 credits to£40 for 160 credits Searching is free as long as you have some cedits and each entry costs 6 credits to download

Offline Wendy2305

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 12 March 17 15:18 GMT (UK) »
Sorry I just noticed your last bit when I searched I put in Robert Law year range so 1903 will do clicked Dundee City for the county and then checked the spouse name until I found Isabella Balfour

Offline Nottschick

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 12 March 17 15:59 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Wendy.  I will buy credits for Scotland's People and take it from there. 

NC. 

Offline lochee

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 12 March 17 16:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi, all
Very interesting postings. Annie Ledingham Law was my mother.
As Nottschick lives in Lincolnshire I contacted my widowed sister who also lives in that county,
surprise ,surprise she is the one that Nottschick is enquiring on behalf of.
We spent some time on the phone and I promised to send her a copy of the tree with all the info that I have.
Meantime thanks to all who posted and if there is any information that you want me to pass on I will gladly do so.
Once again many thanks.
Regards
Bob.
Maggs of amesbury or figheldean
Fisken of Dundee & Perth
Law of Dundee

Offline Nottschick

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 12 March 17 16:42 GMT (UK) »
Well, knock me down with a feather Bob.  I hadn't heard about that but I'm thrilled to bits and going to phone your sister now.  The help I've had has been amazing.

NC.

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 12 March 17 20:16 GMT (UK) »
I think I need to obtain the marriage certificate for Robert Law and Isabella Balfour.   Google has given me a few options of websites to purchase from, but I would like please your opinions on the best place and price.  As the marriage was in 1903, do I need the specific reference for the marriage or will the names and place suffice?
Do not buy from any site other than Scotland's People unless you want to pay a large administration fee for something you can buy much cheaper direct.

See http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=714261.0
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Online scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • A tree full of life, a life full of branches!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 12 March 17 22:20 GMT (UK) »
Gosh, I'm glad I PM'd lochee  ;D.
"Trees without roots fall over!"

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

Don't just wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

In a world where you can be anything, be kind .