Author Topic: My Green Family  (Read 1267 times)

Offline Mansl

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Joseph Haines
    • View Profile
My Green Family
« on: Sunday 12 March 17 11:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi All.

I have Jonah Green(24/12/1860) marrying Ann Zillah Wheeler(1863)5/7/1881 St Thomas Oxford.

They had 14 children  2 of which had died.

The two that died were not in any census so I have searched the GRO with the mother's maiden name and found Frederick Thomas birth March qtr 1883 Woodstock 3a 837.Death Frederick aged 0 June qtr 1884 Banbury 3a 483(I think he is one of the missing children).
   Not sure where he was born or died in Oct 1881 they had Charles born Summertown and in Jan 1885 they had Lilly born in Rousham.

The other child is more difficult.

In the original 12 I had Daisy Annie born 2/2/1888 March qtr 1888 Woodstock 3a 859.Bapt 15/6/1888 at Wolvercote(I must have got that from Oxford Records Office I haven't the CD for Wolvercote). I have her 1891 in Kidlington, 1901 in Coleshill and 1911(RG14PN18656 RG78PN1115 RD392 SD1 ED18 SN96) in Yardley, Birmingham.

Now looking on the GRO there is a Daisy Annie Death aged 5 could be months June qtr 1888 Woodstock 3a 463.

Now this where I have a problem I now find on the GRO a Daisy Mehalia Birth Sept qtr 1889 Woodstock 3a 836.(mother's maiden name Wheeler).

I don't have access to the  censuses at this moment to check if Daisy was down with a middle name
because I am thinking that Daisy Annie died and it was Daisy Mehalia in the census.It would be better if I had a Baptism for Daisy Mehalia.The next child was Violet Baptised 21/9/1890 in Kidlington.I have the CD for Kidlington and she is not on there.

??? ??? Alan

Warwickshire-      Green, Mansell
Gloucestershire-   Mansell, Haines
Worcestershire-    Haynes, Simms
Oxfordshire-         Green. Hawkins
Leicestershire-      Kirby. Gee
North Shields-      Middlemiss, Haines, Faircloth

Offline Mansl

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Joseph Haines
    • View Profile
Re: My Green Family
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 12 March 17 11:52 GMT (UK) »
I have just looked on family search should have looked earlier and found the  answer myself in the 1891 census.

How do I delete this topic.

Alan
Warwickshire-      Green, Mansell
Gloucestershire-   Mansell, Haines
Worcestershire-    Haynes, Simms
Oxfordshire-         Green. Hawkins
Leicestershire-      Kirby. Gee
North Shields-      Middlemiss, Haines, Faircloth

Offline MB2008

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: My Green Family
« Reply #2 on: Monday 03 June 19 13:14 BST (UK) »
I have been researching the Greens & the Wheelers with my children after a break. I began 10 years ago when my Mother in Law was still alive. Ann Z Wheeler & Jonah Green were her grandparents ( fathers side). She knew nothing about her family other than her parents names & that they lived in Meriden as Dad left when she was v young & Mum died when she was teenager. We had recently moved to Steeple Aston from Wolvercote when we started our research, places she had never heard of before, so were completely gobsmacked to discover her grandmother born in Tackley & great grandfather lived in Steeple Aston. My daughters have now become fascinated re family history and would like to find out more so I was wondering if you had any further information on the family you could share with us.