Author Topic: Cain/webb/Page..  (Read 592 times)

Offline Martin1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Cain/webb/Page..
« on: Thursday 16 March 17 19:22 GMT (UK) »
I'm looking for information on my great great grandparents.. William Page /David Webb who married Elizabeth Cain in Glendermott Church of Ireland 23rd Feb 1875. This wedding was under the name of William Page and Elizabeth Cain. There is a subsequent marriage in 1881 in Stcolumbas Church waterside under the name of David Webb and Elizabeth Kane. My great grandmother was their daughter Mary Ann Page born 10th June 1876 in Belfast.. This family appears in the 1881 census in Colchester under th E name Webb with 3 children Mary Ann William and Margaret as Webb.. A big mystery I'd love to solve..

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Cain/webb/Page..
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 18 March 17 12:47 GMT (UK) »
Does the second marriage list bride as spinster or widow? What is given for groom's occupation on both certificates? fathers' names & occupations?

Birth of Mary Anne Page in 1876- fqather William Page (soldier)
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1876/03060/2121702.pdf

I can't find a marriage on Irish Genealogy for David Webb and closest to 1881 for an Elizabwth Kane is one 1880 Londonderry district.

Free search on Emerald Ancestors does show David James Webb m.1881 Londonderry to Elizabeth ? .

Using GRONI to find the exact date of marriage nothing showing (1879-1883) for a David Webb marriage. Doing a search for the same years for Elizabeth Kane gives only 3 results- none the correct one.

:-\

Exactly what date was the 1881 marriage? seems strange they would return to Ireland is in England for 1881 census but perhaps marriage was in beginning or year?
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Martin1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 18 March 17 16:33 GMT (UK) »
 The second marriage was 28th June 1881 in StColumbas Catholic Church waterside Derry.. It was under the name David J Webb and Elizabeth Kane.. Certificate obtained from above church my another relative who's also trying to solve this puzzle. All the children born after that marriage 8 of them I think,were all baptised in the same church as the wedding your great grandmother Elizabeth being one of them.. My great grandmother was baptised in Stpatricks Belfast Mary Ann Page..

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 18 March 17 17:49 GMT (UK) »
You, or relative, needs to look carefully at both certificates to check all the details but especially those I mentioned earlier.

The English census was taken 3 April 1881 (This family appears in the 1881 census in Colchester under th E name Webb with 3 children Mary Ann William and Margaret as Webb.) yet the marriage was a few months later in June  :-\
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!