Author Topic: DAWE - Northill/Linkinhorne/Tintagel, CORNWALL > to Yorkshire > Lancashire > US  (Read 941 times)

Offline RedFox

• RootsChat Member
  • One of Many Family Lines
    • View Profile
Walter DAWE and his wife Jane REYNAR (sp?) lived in Cornwell for several generations.  Their grandson, Richard, moved his family to Tintagell for less than a decade and moved to Yorkshire where he switched to another type of mining.  Richard's father, James followed or may have preceded him.  Three of Richard's sons and some of James chidren moved on to Lancashire.  Richard's oldest son, Alfred, took his family to Canada and worked in the silver mines.  Two of his younger sons, Albert and Percy went to school in Manchester and became Congregational Ministers; they moved to Michigan in America.  Alfred ultimately moved his family to Michigan, then California.  James children lived on in Lancashire.  Alfred was my great-grandfather.  My grandfather, Tom, and my father's family stayed in Michigan.  I enjoy hearing from various family members here and in England. 
CUMLD: Davidson, Robson, Atkinson, Blackburn,  Wilkinson, Mumberson, Milburn
CRNWL:  Dawe, Bawden, Leming
CHES: Heginbotham
YRK:  Dawe, Jackson, Ranson, Leming
LANC:  Dawe, Harris, Thomas, Bellamy or Billany, Bayliff, Madsen
EAST SSX:  Etchingham - Woolgar
SCT: RXB-Robson, REN & LNK-Lisle/Lyle/Leill, Taylor, Masson
WALES: Dawe
USA:  MI - Dawe, Stringer, Lisle, Robson, Davidson, Mills, Handy, Betzner, Leeper, Fankboner, Ross, Lyle
IRE: Bell, Prestley/Priestley
GER: Wuerttemberg - Betz