Author Topic: Margaret Helen Kerr  (Read 1216 times)

Offline SWH1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Margaret Helen Kerr
« on: Friday 17 March 17 06:07 GMT (UK) »
Margaret Helen Kerr

Date of Bith: 1879
Place of Birth: Campsie, Strilingshire

Good morning,  another of my Scottish Women's Hospital ladies. This case is different, i know her date of birth and when she died(1957). I know about her war years(i have that on my web site). What i don't know is what she did from 1919 till her death.  I think she returned to Serbia in 1919 and worked at the orphanage at Banjina basta(found her name in a book, listing that Margaret Kerr was in a photo)  and returned to Scotland to Lochearnhead. We have a Margaret Ker living in Lochearnhead and am convinced people are confusing Ker with Kerr. However in this link Margaret Ker is different to Kerr http://www.stirlingarchives.scot/2016/03/29/suffragettes-allt-grianach-lochearnhead-1935/ 

Any details of what became of Margaret Helen Kerr during 1919-1930's would clear this up.

Many thanks for having a look.
regards
Alan

Offline MaureeninNY

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Margaret Helen Kerr
« Reply #1 on: Friday 17 March 17 15:51 GMT (UK) »
If she's the daughter of George Munro KERR then she marries John FREW (La Perle Estate,St Lucia) October 12,1927,at St Andrews Church,Georgetown,British Guiana.
Kirkintilloch Herald October 19, 1927

Bit of to and fro travel after that.

Sorry-have to go out.

Maureen

Offline SWH1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 17 March 17 16:05 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks MaureeninNY.  Ill keep digging. Looks like the other Margaret Ker was in New York in the late 1020s but with Margaret Kerr in British Guiana in the late 1920s its a puzzle.

Alan

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 17 March 17 16:29 GMT (UK) »
The 1957 death in Kilmun Argyle(shire) -
Margaret Helen Kerr / Frew , age 78 , 510/2 33.

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline SWH1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 17 March 17 17:02 GMT (UK) »
Thank you ev,  am more leaning to, it was Margaret Ker that was in Lochearnhead at that time. That said i found on a 1935 census that she was living in England. The plot thickens.

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 17 March 17 17:24 GMT (UK) »
National Probate Records have -
Margaret Helen FREW of Cartsburn Cottage Holy Loch-by-Dunoon Argyllshire died 12th November 1957. Confirmation of Norman Munro Kerr and John Martine Munro Kerr.

https://probatesearch.service.gov.uk/Calendar?surname=frew&yearOfDeath=1958&page=3#calendar

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Online Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 17 March 17 18:21 GMT (UK) »
Norman Munro Kerr was born in Kirkintilloch in 1882.

John Martine Munro Kerr was born in Stirling in 1910.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.