Author Topic: St Peter Allendale Baptisms REED Look up Please  (Read 501 times)

Offline fluffyferret

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: St Peter Allendale Baptisms REED Look up Please
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 19 March 17 16:19 GMT (UK) »
This situation with the Diocese of York has come up on here recently.  Sadly you don't get the same kind of detail as we are used to from the Barrington years in the Diocese of Durham.

I can look at the PRs on Wednesday at Woodhorn if you wish

Christine

Hi Christine,

Thank you very much for your kind offer that would be great and much appreciated :)

Carole

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline c-side

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The 'three' now have a cousin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 22 March 17 20:24 GMT (UK) »
Iíve not had the most successful day ever at Woodhorn today so itís good to be able to give you what you asked for, especially when we didnít expect it

The baptisms all took place in the Chapelry of St. Peter (which later became a church in its own right)
All the boys have the same parent detail Ė

Son of Thomas Reed, Miner native of this parish by his wife Mary (late Shields) native of this parish

John was shown as third son, James was fourth and Joseph was fifth so there appears to have been two earlier sons.

Hope this is useful

Christine

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline fluffyferret

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 22 March 17 21:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi Christine,

Many thanks for your research on my behalf it is really appreciated :)

The information is very useful and I seem to have too many previous sons so this will help me sort them out.

Sorry to hear it wasn't your most successful trip but if I can help with anything in Scotland please let me know.

Best wishes,

Carole