Author Topic: Find my Past world sub £1....... Please don't shoot the messenger!  (Read 12301 times)

Offline purplekat

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Find my Past world sub £1....... Please don't shoot the messenger!
« Reply #54 on: Wednesday 22 March 17 19:09 GMT (UK) »
I got that message as well Heywood, all is ok at the moment, touch wood.

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Wednesday 22 March 17 23:45 GMT (UK) »
Glad you managed to get it sorted Hugh.  :)

Yes, you need that confirmation email, otherwise I think you should assume you will be charged full price next month.

I would email FindMyPast help and tell them (clearly) that you do NOT want to autorenew and you are unable to get the box to stay ticked. See if they can sort it out for you rather than hope for the best in a month's time.

They are usually good with getting back to you, though sometimes I think they get a bit confused, which is why I advised making it very clear what you want.  ;) (I've had to re confirm this kind of thing with a couple if different people in the past)

Good luck.

Offline tetryon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Wednesday 24 May 17 03:12 BST (UK) »
Do they offer this value frequently or was this a one off?

Online Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Wednesday 24 May 17 06:50 BST (UK) »
Do they offer this value frequently or was this a one off?
A few times each year it seems, but l quite often have hassle with it.
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline StevieSteve

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Tuesday 30 May 17 17:40 BST (UK) »
If you want to continue from the latest FindMyPast month for a quid, now it's two months for under a fiver

For a limited time, you can enjoy 15% off your second month with us, and as an added bonus we’ll thrown in your third month for free*. That’s a saving of over 50% on the normal price for the next two months.

Month 1 - Expires on [my £1 expiry date]

Month 2 - £8.46 (15% off the normal price of £9.95)

Month 3 - FREE

which will make a total of £10.46 for 4 months so far this year

As opposed to the £64 annual sub they didn't want to offer as they don't intend to offer such deep discounts any more.

Daft.
Middlesex: KING,  MUMFORD, COOK, ROUSE, GOODALL, BROWN
Oxford: MATTHEWS, MOSS
Kent: SPOONER, THOMAS, KILLICK, COLLINS
Cambs: PRIGG, LEACH
Hants: FOSTER
Montgomery: BREES
Surrey: REEVE

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Friday 02 June 17 09:03 BST (UK) »
You seem to have been offered a much better deal than me  :-\

MY £1 (note this was from UK site and in pounds sterling) expired 1 June (yesterday)

This morning (sent just after midnight) there's a new email- renewal at 9.95 Euros (no discount mentioned) from FindMyPast.ie even though I am in the UK, have a UK email address, paid £1, etc.  ::)
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: Saturday 29 July 17 12:34 BST (UK) »
Just to say I used the July £1 offer and unticked the renew box. Only to have been charged for a months Worlds sub, that I neither wanted or asked for. I have unticked the box again and sent them a message.....so buyer beware ::)

Edited
Ok I see my problem , it is not a simple case of unticking a box, you need to confirm, more fool me  ???
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley

Online Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Saturday 29 July 17 12:40 BST (UK) »
Just to say I used the July £1 offer and unticked the renew box. Only to have been charged for a months Worlds sub, that I neither wanted or asked for. I have unticked the box again and sent them a message.....so buyer beware ::)

Oh dear!!  :'(  Hopefully if you get really mad with them they will refund the charge.
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Saturday 29 July 17 13:21 BST (UK) »
Due to end tomorrow...box still unticked.

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"