Author Topic: Martinville Nursing home, 23 Corrig Avenue Dun Laoghaire  (Read 959 times)

Offline Mike Mahon

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Martinville Nursing home, 23 Corrig Avenue Dun Laoghaire
« on: Saturday 18 March 17 19:10 GMT (UK) »
Just wondering if anyone might suggest any places i could get historical information or old photos of the Martinville Nursing home at 23 Corrig Avenue in Dun Laoghaire. Especially from the late 1960s.
It is closed now and is just a private house. It was run by a Mrs Kiely but she has passed away some years ago.

I am interested in this place as my birth mother (who I never met) lived and worked there in 1967.  I'm going to try Dun Laoghaire library next week and see if they might have any old photos or histories of Corrig Avenue
Thanks for any suggestions
Mannix, Lyons, Ives,

Offline Chef Stef

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Martinville Nursing home, 23 Corrig Avenue Dun Laoghaire
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 25 July 17 16:07 BST (UK) »
Hi Mike, Just wondering if you managed to trace any photos of Martinville. My grandmother died there on 31 Mar 1959. Regards, Mary

Offline B Kiely

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 01 July 20 19:00 BST (UK) »
Hi Mike,

I have just seen this post now and not sure if I can help you but I am Mrs Kielys (Nancy) grandson.  hopefully I can help you in some way.

Brendan Kiely

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.

Offline Mike Mahon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 30 July 20 15:53 BST (UK) »
Hi, and thanks for your reply. (Sorry I've only just seen it now). Since I posted my original post back in 2017,  I found my mother Kitty Lyons and we had a great reunion and loads of meet-ups and visits.  She had a lot of  very good memories of her time working there at Martinville, and of your grandmother Nancy. Sadly Kitty passed away last year, but I was so lucky to have got to meet her.   She spoke very kindly of your grandmother, and of the help she gave her during that time. 
We went to Deansgrange last year to pay our respects.
Kitty and Patrick (my father) got married a couple of years later and had three more children, (my sisters and brother) and I'm in regular contact with them.
Mannix, Lyons, Ives,