Author Topic: Aspley Guise, Bedfordshire LOOKUP request fro HUTTON  (Read 14743 times)

Offline seahall

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • https://5bravemen.weebly.com/
    • View Profile
Re: Aspley Guise, Bedfordshire LOOKUP request fro HUTTON
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday 04 April 17 11:39 BST (UK) »
Here are the dates for articles I sent to Sue from the newspapers.

01-09-1838, 19-09-1846, 04-01-1881, 08-01-1889,  07-01-1893, 20-03-1931

Sandy
Census Crown Copyright

Offline seahall

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday 04 April 17 11:50 BST (UK) »
Looking at the tree I have and the information being listed here, either I am confused
or in-correct with 2 other people.

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=768263.0

Sandy

Census Crown Copyright

Offline suepearce

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Tuesday 04 April 17 12:17 BST (UK) »
To confirm some of the information.

John 1796 son of Joseph married Elizabeth Cripps not Elizabeth Norris.

GRO BMDs references:
1845 Q2 Death - Elizabeth Hutton 51 (est b1794) Woburn 06  82

This Elizabeth is the wife of James and Sue has this info.

Sandy

Hi Sandy

I have ordered a lot of GRO's including this one -  sadly its some weeks before I get them.  I have been pondering this particular GRO.   I doesn't fit somehow.   I have not found any marriage for James Hutton at all, unless its elsewhere.  If James had a wife I would have expected her to be on the 1841 census record and James is alone at 20 Weathercock Lane.  I think you said the GRO listed him as a Publican?  I suppose he was also involved with his family and the Weathercock Inn.   I also haven't found any children. Of course this doesn't mean they are not there!  I haven't found any death for James yet either, and I have trawled through the GRO indexes. Maybe James went elsewhere as in 1851 his is a visitor at his nephew Henry oo Ruth in Wavendon.    I have also ordered the Aspley Guise films for viewing here, (there are a couple with some overlap)  so I am hopeful, but its also a few weeks wait.   I want to see all the burials myself.  I am struggling to order the Wavendon film though...not giving up.

Regarding John Hutton *1896, I still think he married Elizabeth Norris (in 1824) not Elizabeth Cripps.  Cuffie puts it all very clearly.  In 1824 John Hutton *1788 and Elizabeth Cripps  already had 3 children.  I also have not found any link between my 5 siblings (Frederick, Caroline, Henry, ADAM and Arthur) and Henry James Cooper and his Grandfather Joseph Hutton (whose records are all nicely there online).   I am not sure if we will ever be able to sort all the Elizabeth Huttons with absolute certainly, but I do hope the GROs and films will help. 

I have to add that at times I really struggle with who is who, I just can't hold all this information in my head, so I do apologise for any duplication.   
Someone lucky is going to stumble on these posts one day and all the work will have been done :).
I certainly wouldn't have got very far without the generous help on this forum.

Sue :)

Offline suepearce

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Tuesday 04 April 17 12:20 BST (UK) »
Sandy I think that paper tree seems to has hit the same confusions we have.  It's exactly as I had it when I started.

Offline seahall

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Tuesday 04 April 17 12:33 BST (UK) »
It is a shame about the certificate as I have just sent you it Sue.

Sixth of June 1845 Aspley.

Elizabeth Hutton, Female, 51 years, Wife of James Hutton, Publican, Dropsy, Informant
the x mark of Margaret Abbott in Attendance, Aspley.

On the census night Elizabeth could have been elsewhere in the village or elsewhere nearby.

I will look at the other info when I have checked my file.

Sandy
Census Crown Copyright

Offline seahall

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Tuesday 04 April 17 14:24 BST (UK) »
Okay as it seems I could be wrong by the information being given by other Rootschatters
I will not proceed with my tree unless I can see someone else can confirm it is so.

Thanks Sue for the certificates, greatly appreciated.

Sandy
Census Crown Copyright

Offline cuffie81

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: Tuesday 04 April 17 18:39 BST (UK) »
John 1796 son of Joseph married Elizabeth Cripps not Elizabeth Norris.

Personally I think there's enough evidence to be fairly sure that John (the farmer, son of Joseph), married Elizabeth Norris, and that it was John (the miller, father of Adam & siblings) that married Elizabeth Cripps. There's the declaration in the Beds. archive that John, father of Henry James Cooper, married Elizabeth Norris in 1824 and married Mary Ann Ellis in 1861. And Sue has obtained the marriage record for Arthur, which states his parents were John Hutton and Elizabeth Crispp [typo?]. Regardless of my opinion it's up yourselves how you interpret these records.

If it was me though I think I'd like to see the original documents held by Beds archives, as it's not entirely clear to me whether the text on their website is taken directly from the records or if it's someone's interpretation of various records. Beds archives do offer a service where they scan various documents, for a small fee.

Reference: R6/2/8/15; Date free text: 14 Sep 1866
Declaration of George Whitman of Aspley Guise that:
- he was 44 years old;
- he knew John, father of Henry James Cooper Hutton;
- John Hutton was married twice, first to Elizabeth Norris of Ridgmont in Jan 1824 and second in May 1861 to Mary Ann Ellis of Aspley Guise;
- Henry James Cooper Hutton was born in 1824, only child of John and Elizabeth Hutton;
- John Hutton died in Feb 1863
http://bedsarchivescat.bedford.gov.uk/Details/archive/110085138

I have Arthur Hutton's marriage Certificate:  married Margaret Wisheart in Victoria AUS, 9 Dec 1858, age 27 born Bedfordshire, father John Hutton, Mother Elizabeth Crispp.....
Anderson Banks Beard Brewer Caves Clarke Clinch Cooling Cuff Denton Gamble Gibson Gunn Hunt Mills Muncey Norris Notzke Reid Robinson Searle Smith Trundle Turner Weedon Wells Wilson

Offline cuffie81

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Tuesday 04 April 17 18:46 BST (UK) »
GRO BMDs references:
1845 Q2 Death - Elizabeth Hutton 51 (est b1794) Woburn 06  82

This Elizabeth is the wife of James and Sue has this info.
Sandy

That (kind of) answers the question who this Elizabeth was then. Assuming James was the one on the 1851 census with (nephew?) Henry & Ruth, he was listed as a widower, which would tally. I don't suppose you've found a marriage for James & Elizabeth, Sandy?

That does mean both John & Elizabeth are still AWOL though. Odd.
Anderson Banks Beard Brewer Caves Clarke Clinch Cooling Cuff Denton Gamble Gibson Gunn Hunt Mills Muncey Norris Notzke Reid Robinson Searle Smith Trundle Turner Weedon Wells Wilson

Offline seahall

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Tuesday 04 April 17 19:03 BST (UK) »
No I haven't found a marriage cuffie81, but there may not have been one or it may have been
missed of the indexes.

I remember years ago going to St.Catherine's House and seeing folk add missing folk
in pencil on the indexes.

Sue could you clarify something for me please on the marriage cert of Arthur he notes
his parents as John Hutton and Elizabeth Cripps, yet on the death cert you kindly sent
me it states his father was Frederick.

Thanks Sandy

Census Crown Copyright