Author Topic: Aspley Guise, Bedfordshire LOOKUP request fro HUTTON  (Read 14735 times)

Offline seahall

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • https://5bravemen.weebly.com/
    • View Profile
Re: Aspley Guise, Bedfordshire LOOKUP request fro HUTTON
« Reply #99 on: Thursday 18 May 17 21:47 BST (UK) »
I didn't find out anything of interest.

I look forward to the images you send you would send me too Sue.  :)

Sandy
Census Crown Copyright

Offline suepearce

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: Friday 19 May 17 09:02 BST (UK) »
Hi Sandy
Well, you've already found the best info.
Once my Huttons leave town tonight I'll be able to spend some time on editing images and sorting files.
Please email me to remind me what's outstanding. 
Sue 

Offline seahall

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: Friday 19 May 17 10:52 BST (UK) »
Will do Sue and I can sort out some more for yourself too.

Thank you. Sandy
Census Crown Copyright

Offline seahall

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: Saturday 20 May 17 08:37 BST (UK) »
I think this story gets more complex as I find out more info on the family.

Frederick (1819) who committed suicide in 1892 in later became a member of the Primitive Methodist.

On the marriage certificate at Wavendon in 1824, James Hutton married Mary Bunting (and signed as such) yet the Vicar noted her name as Sarah Bunting.

On a death certificate I have in 1845 James Hutton (Publican) wife Elizabeth dies at Aspley.

One of Robert and Caroline Bailey's son's father-in-law ran the Station Hotel which was in competition with the Weathercock Inn.

Robert farmed land called Deeth farm beside the Weathercock Inn.

Frederick above lived in Cherry Tree Cottage so it good to know the actual place as on the
censuses it is not noted.

It all adds to the story of their lives.

Sandy

Census Crown Copyright

Offline seahall

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: Tuesday 23 May 17 20:53 BST (UK) »
Just an up-date.

Imanaged to get copies of the marriages for James Tegle & Mary Walker, Michael & Eliz Teagle, Michael & Ann Grimett,  Elizabeth Tegles bap and bur for Michael Hutton son of Michael and Ann at Newport Pagnell.

Sandy
Census Crown Copyright

Offline suepearce

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: Wednesday 24 May 17 14:41 BST (UK) »
Well done Sandy.
 :)

Offline seahall

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: Thursday 25 May 17 21:18 BST (UK) »
Okay folks it is time for a humble apology.

I have looked thoroughly at the 5 pages sent to me years ago and other information I have found in the last week and am now certain that my lineage IS NOT John Hutton and Elizabeth Cripps.

Therefore I can only say I hope the research I did was of some help to the direct and correct lineage and not a waste of my time or in-correct on the above family.

I myself delved into the South African records and learnt how to search what I found was un-believably difficult resources to our own in England.

My friend who I met is the 3rd great grandchild of Michael Hutton and Elizabeth Teagle and I at least have a photo of us together from years ago as he passed away quite a few years ago after it was taken.

As I said to another Rootschatter the other day I have hunch if I am wrong I will eat my hat.

This time it is a large one.

Cheers Sandy
Census Crown Copyright

Offline suepearce

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: Friday 26 May 17 10:02 BST (UK) »
Hi Sandy
Well, I'd like to say here that  all who have contributed to this thread following my request for information on the Hutton family, but you especially Sandy, have helped tremendously.  It's been an incredible journey of discovery, full of twists and turns. Any Hutton in South Africa, descended either from Adam Hutton or Henry James  Cooper Hutton, who stumbles across this thread in the future is going to be very lucky.

My soon to arrive Hutton Granddaughter, direct descendant of Adam, might not appreciate the info for awhile yet  but I'll be making sure she does in the future.   
It's a small world though, my husband worked with a direct descendant of HJC some years ago.  He even asked me at the time if this man was connected to my son-in-law's family.   He wasn't, but we only know that now.

So Sandy, your research has all been very well worth while and very much appreciated.

Sue

Offline seahall

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: Tuesday 30 May 17 01:31 BST (UK) »
Yesterday I was very kindly given 18 pages from the Will Smith book of the lineage of Adam Hutton in South Africa. It would have saved me a lot of time if I had it first.  :)

It was good to see that the genealogy report I shared with Sue was correct.

As we have both said we would carry on tracing the lines of Adam myself and Sue, Henry James Cooper Hutton although there is no known link, every link I try and make gets me no where.

I find facebook groups that could help me can not because the family in South Africa is not my direct line.

I am glad in England that family tree information is shared freely not hidden behind a closed group.

Sandy
Census Crown Copyright