Author Topic: Parsons of Netherton/Dudley.  (Read 1114 times)

Offline prozac

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Parsons of Netherton/Dudley.
« on: Monday 20 March 17 12:00 GMT (UK) »
Having a bit of trouble with my 5thx Great grandfather. 

Thomas Parsons, born c1790 Dudley, Worcesterhire.  He is on the 1841 and 1851 census with Wife Sophia and few children, youngest being Henry Parsons 1832.

I thought he may have died in 1851, registered march quarter, but obviously this is before the 1851 Census... I don't think he is on the 1861 census though.  They are at Baptist End, Netherton. 

My main issue is his marriage... My 4x great grandfather, is Samuel Parsons, born 1812, Dudley, baptised 1814, St Thomas Church, Dudley.  In the 1871 census, he is in Tipton at Seven Stars and places his birth as Netherton.  Parents, Thomas Parsons and Sophia. 

The only marriage I can find is in 1821, Thomas Parsons and Sophia Whitehouse in St Thomas Dudley, they both are noted as Widowed. 

But I can't find a marriage for Thomas first wife, I assume another Sophia, and her maiden name is not but on the baptism for any of the children...
Nottingham/Derby - Alvey, Machin, Scott, Stevenson, Redfern, Lowe, Coupe, Bowler, Strutt, Miller
Worcestershire - Burrows, Smith, Machin, Hardman, Nash, Sanders/Saunders, Davis, Adams
Buckinghamshire - Burrows, Woodward, Adams
Ireland (Dublin/Malahide/Cork) - O'Driscoll, Henvy, Gallaghan

Offline ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Parsons of Netherton/Dudley.
« Reply #1 on: Monday 20 March 17 14:20 GMT (UK) »
Hello
This may be a possibility at Halesowen .Bear in mind it's a transcription from Freereg and that Halesowen covered a much larger area including Oldbury,Blackheath,Old Hill etc.

Thomas Parsons bach of this parish married 24.12.1809 Sobe Davis spinster of this parish
wit  John Southall and Elizabeth Davis.

Thomas and Sophie nailor's first child was William  bapt 10.6.1810 at Dudley  so it isn't that far out.
There's a Sophia Davis bapt at Brierley Hill 6.5.1792 to John and Thamar.Elizabeth would be the older sister Bessy baptised 12.3.1790.

There's a possibility that the other one is  Sophia Barton married John Whitehouse  12.11.1820 and he died 7.2.1821 age 58 but I'd be surprised at that one.

ps the children are generally Baptist End and there's a possible for Thomas 23.10.1791 at dudley  s of William and Jane Parsons.

Ciderdrinker

Offline prozac

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Parsons of Netherton/Dudley.
« Reply #2 on: Monday 20 March 17 14:30 GMT (UK) »
I'm origionally from Netherton (funny how we end up at our roots isn't it! My mother born and bred in Smethwick and my dad in Ireland) so I'm familiar with Halesowen. 

That first one is possible, although I've got my Thomas and Sophia parsons first son being born in 1810 (still fits though)

That second one may be the second Sophia he married? 
Nottingham/Derby - Alvey, Machin, Scott, Stevenson, Redfern, Lowe, Coupe, Bowler, Strutt, Miller
Worcestershire - Burrows, Smith, Machin, Hardman, Nash, Sanders/Saunders, Davis, Adams
Buckinghamshire - Burrows, Woodward, Adams
Ireland (Dublin/Malahide/Cork) - O'Driscoll, Henvy, Gallaghan