Author Topic: Double Deaths  (Read 774 times)

Offline scault

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Double Deaths
« on: Monday 20 March 17 13:49 GMT (UK) »
Can anyone help please
I know both my x 3 great Grandparents died within days of each other in 1810 Brailsford.
I know there were many diseases  about, but this seems like real bad luck they die within days. How can I find out if there was an outbreak of something in Brailsford ?

Henry Frost 1759 and his wife Mary .

Sue  ???

Offline scault

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Double Deaths
« Reply #1 on: Monday 20 March 17 13:52 GMT (UK) »
I know I have posted recently I know their death dates I wondered if there were any books that would tell me what they may have died from.

Sue

Offline Designer Jeans

• RootsChat Veteran
  • We are who we are because they were who they were
    • View Profile
Re: Double Deaths
« Reply #2 on: Monday 24 April 17 09:44 BST (UK) »
Hi
Have you checked the original parish register entries for Henry and Mary?  The clergyman sometimes made additional comments eg abode, cause of death etc
Have you been able to check other Brailsford deaths around the same time?  If there was an epidemic others would have been affected.
Otherwise, the Derbyshire Family History Society maybe able to help.

See also
http://www.ashbourne-town.com/history/life.htm
 "1785 Ist.May. Buried Thomas Waring, Bricklayer, killed by the falling in of the earth in a well at John Frost's of Brailsford Old Park as he was repairing."
In 1767 there was yet another outbreak of smallpox, resulting in several more deaths.
In November 1810, there were eight burials all of children under the age of seven, and a glance through the registers makes one realise how serious were the epidemics of T.B., scarlet fever, etc. and how quickly they went throughout the town.

Valerie
Derbys: Ward, Hopkinson, Bradley, Birds, Clarke, Taylor, Daykin, Gent, Vardy, Cotterill, Stocks, Godber, Dronfield, Charlesworth, Bonsall, Purseglove
Notts: Clarke, Freeman, Kitchen, Allcock, Housley, Swanwick, Berrisford, Farnsworth, Antcliffe
Staffs: Nutt, Bowring
Yorks: Holling, Fish, Kay, Hardy
Lincs: Plummer, Broughton, Wellbourne