Author Topic: Seaching for Louis Leader  (Read 1900 times)

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Seaching for Louis Leader
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 22 March 17 22:02 GMT (UK) »
OK so without divulging too much how does Leila became half sister to your aunt?
Keyboard86
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Harinz

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 22 March 17 22:10 GMT (UK) »
My Aunt was born Nicolette Leader and Louis was her biological father. My grandmother, Nicolette's mother was not married to Louis and their relationship ended shortly after her birth. Louis acknowledged my aunt as his but she was shortly afterward adopted. This was when contacted petered out and she grew up not knowing much at all about that side of her family. Now all these years later she is very keen to find out just what happened to Louis and his child/ children.   
Eades
Finer
Johnstone

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 23 March 17 11:01 GMT (UK) »
I wondered if you could find Gloria J or Marlene Landsman -who seem to have married they may know more about their cousin Leila

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Harinz

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 23 March 17 21:49 GMT (UK) »
I've messaged someone whom I think is related to Gloria and Marlene in the hope that they are in fact cousins to Leila. Information is scant regards Louis Leader his wife Mary (Lipman) and daughter Leila, there is a bit out there regarding other Leaders... ie: an Abraham Leader who married a Fanny Lipman... so I'm leaning toward Abraham being a brother to Louis and Fanny being a sister to Mary. Hoping that contacting the Abraham branch will shed light on Louis and his elusive clan.
Eades
Finer
Johnstone