Author Topic: Sarah DIGGLE d. 1817 Basford  (Read 2215 times)

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
Re: Sarah DIGGLE d. 1817 Basford
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 04 April 17 13:02 BST (UK) »
 ;D ;D ;D
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley

Offline nottsgirl1

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 06 April 17 07:48 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Well didn't go grave robbing but did have a look for Daniel Diggle in the records for Basford and couldn't find a burial record no mention of it anywhere so looks like his burial was not recorded.
I did have a word with a member of staff at the archives and they did know of Daniel and also said they were unable to find his burial too.
Also they said they did a talk on Luddism earlier in the year and spoke about  Daniel's trail, also they said they are going to do the talk again later in the year maybe in September. They do have papers on the trail but they are on line anyway:

http://mssweb.nottingham.ac.uk/elearning/view-image.asp?resource=DukeofNewcastle&theme=2&subtheme=Luddism&view=image&page=1&ref=emsc-not1.h64.alb.diggle

NG
Branfoot of Leeds; Nall of Nottingham; Wallis of Stapleford Nottinghamshire; Challand of  East Bridgford Notinghamshire: Hall of Fransfield Nottinghamshire;
Morral of Stanton By Dale, Derbyshire;

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 06 April 17 11:15 BST (UK) »
Told you she was good  ;)
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley

Offline Sunlaws

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 06 April 17 13:25 BST (UK) »
Hi Nottsgirl

Many thanks for confirming that- it is always good to have information from someone who has seen it with their own eyes, and pleased to hear that your digging was entirely legal!
I have passed the information on to the indefatigable Richard who has been making almost daily postings to his Luddite Bicentenary blog for over five years now.

Regards,

Lesley
Bradley, Gledhill, Dodson, Norcliffe, Kaye, Matthewman- all Berry Brow/Almondbury
Webster- Northowram
Brick wall: Maria Blaymires  c 1800 Northowram

Offline nottsgirl1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 06 April 17 13:36 BST (UK) »
Hi Lesley,

I'm always glad to help if I can.

Thank you Larkspur :D

NG
Branfoot of Leeds; Nall of Nottingham; Wallis of Stapleford Nottinghamshire; Challand of  East Bridgford Notinghamshire: Hall of Fransfield Nottinghamshire;
Morral of Stanton By Dale, Derbyshire;