Author Topic: Robert Judd born about 1800  (Read 274 times)

Offline Heatha

• RootsChat Member
  • Best friend
    • View Profile
Robert Judd born about 1800
« on: Monday 20 March 17 22:57 GMT (UK) »
Could anybody help find Robert Judd's birth, born about 1800 ? He married Mary Morgan, believed to be born in Hollingbourne about 1805. Mary was still alive in 1851 but he had disappeared by that date.

I am aware that there was a convict of the same name who was sent to Australia in 1836.

Thank thanks,

Heatha
LAY - HAM, BKM
SARGENT - SFK
THAIN - NFK, SFK, YKS
DEAN - YKS
WAGER- YKS
HARRIS - BKM
SIMMS - BKM
and lots more besides

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline emeltom

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Judd born about 1800
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 21 March 17 09:39 GMT (UK) »
On the marriage entries for two of his daughters on Freereg - Harriet to Philip Whitehead in 1852 and Frances to James Naylor 1865 - he is down as the father but not noted as deceased.

Emeltom
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Heatha

• RootsChat Member
  • Best friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 21 March 17 10:13 GMT (UK) »
Thank you, Emeltom. Could you please tell me where you information comes from ? If possible I would like to find out as much as possible about the family. I knew about Frances but not Harriet.

Heatha
LAY - HAM, BKM
SARGENT - SFK
THAIN - NFK, SFK, YKS
DEAN - YKS
WAGER- YKS
HARRIS - BKM
SIMMS - BKM
and lots more besides

Offline emeltom

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 21 March 17 10:27 GMT (UK) »
On Frances' marriage the witnesses were Harriet and Philip Whitehead so I looked to see who Philip Whitehead married and it was a Harriett Judd.

HO107/456/8/F2
Cottage, Bicknor, Kent
May Judd 35
Ritchard 12
Henry 10
Harriot 7
Benjemin 5
All born Kent and all spellings as per the entry.

I found the marriages of Frances and Harriet on freereg.org.uk

Emeltom
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more

Offline Heatha

• RootsChat Member
  • Best friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 21 March 17 10:32 GMT (UK) »
Thank you very much, Emeltom. That gives me a lead but I'm still looking for Robert Judd's birth if anyone can help ?
LAY - HAM, BKM
SARGENT - SFK
THAIN - NFK, SFK, YKS
DEAN - YKS
WAGER- YKS
HARRIS - BKM
SIMMS - BKM
and lots more besides

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 21 March 17 10:48 GMT (UK) »
I realise you are still after Roberts birth but he is not with the family in 1841 either to give us a lead to his age.
The 1841 entry appears to give Mary with the occupation of Widow which has been crossed through as it is not an occupation  :)  1851 has a scribble which is not the same as Married or single on adjacent records

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline emeltom

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 21 March 17 11:02 GMT (UK) »
Don'y know if you have this or not but Mary Morgan was baptised 25 May 1806 Hollingbourne daughter of William Morgan and Jane. She had a sister Sarah baptised Hollingbourne 7 Feb 1808 and mother Jane died and was buried 5 Aug 1810. The only marriage I can find for a William Morgan to a Jane which fits the births is William Morgan/Jane Crowhurst 13 Oct 1805 at All Saints, Maidstone.

Sory if I am telling you something you already know.

Emeltom

Offline Heatha

• RootsChat Member
  • Best friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 21 March 17 11:20 GMT (UK) »
Thank you, Emeltom. I am doing this research for a friend and I know very little. I wasn't even given dates when I started ! I traced back through census records and have arrived at a rough date for Mary Morgan through the 1851 census. Apart from that I am working blind. So anything at all is wonderful.
LAY - HAM, BKM
SARGENT - SFK
THAIN - NFK, SFK, YKS
DEAN - YKS
WAGER- YKS
HARRIS - BKM
SIMMS - BKM
and lots more besides

Offline Christine53

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 21 March 17 12:08 GMT (UK) »
You mention the convict transported in 1836. Have you ruled him out ? His conduct record states that he was transported for stealing a quantity of wheat . He was born in 1803 and had a wife and 4 children. His native place is given as Otham , Kent.

http://search.archives.tas.gov.au/ImageViewer/image_viewer.htm?CON37-1-4,450,400,F,60

Apologies if you've already looked into this .
Pullinger Hillier Moxham Butterfield Button Browne Wallis Floyd Blyvers Cordery Cuttress Greve Fagg Belsey Lancaster Markwick

Census information  Crown Copyright
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk