Author Topic: R.I.P Brian Pears  (Read 4288 times)

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
Re: R.I.P Brian Pears
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 13 May 17 23:21 BST (UK) »
That is sad news indeed personally I am indebted to him for his massive
contribution to the many pages he contributed to and for his in depth historical knowledge
I met him once briefly many years ago
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 14 May 17 02:04 BST (UK) »
Thanks JenB for notification, very sad news  :(

I have to say I too have been very grateful for the help/info. from 'genuki.bpears' for a lot of my Northumberland ancestors.

I didn't know BP nor was I ever in contact with him but may he 'rest in peace' as I found his site to be an invaluable resource indeed.

Annie

South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline CaraNE

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 19 July 17 19:37 BST (UK) »
Very sad to receive this news and so late.

I always intended to get in touch with Brian to say how grateful I was for the well-researched and  reported information generated by him. His personal stories were intriguing. With my ancestors from Allendale I often wondered whether we were related. What an amazing contribution he has made. 

A huge thank you Sir!

RIP Brian Pears.

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 20 July 17 14:40 BST (UK) »
Very sad to receive this news and so late.

I always intended to get in touch with Brian to say how grateful I was for the well-researched and  reported information generated by him. His personal stories were intriguing. With my ancestors from Allendale I often wondered whether we were related. What an amazing contribution he has made. 

A huge thank you Sir!

RIP Brian Pears.

Don't know if you are aware but Brian did put part of his genealogy on the web

https://web.archive.org/web/20060813123835/http://www.bpears.org.uk:80/Ancestors/

so that may answer the question of whether you are related.

This site is part of his larger site

https://brianpearsblog.wordpress.com/

I did contact Brian once about some of the people he had on his site to see if he could help distinguish a few people with the same name. He was not able to (not close enough relatives of his) but when I sorted it out I did contact him again giving the explanation and the proof. It was good to be able to give him something after all the help he has given people
James Stott c1775-1850. James was born in Yorkshire but where? He was a stonemason and married Elizabeth Archer (nee Nicholson) in 1794 at Ripon. They lived thereafter in Masham. If anyone has any suggestions or leads as to his birthplace I would be interested to know. I have searched for it for years without success. Thank you.

Offline CaraNE

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 20 July 17 16:21 BST (UK) »
Many thanks for the links.

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 21 July 17 09:43 BST (UK) »
I didn't know him, but like countless others, I am indebted to him for his information.  The man was a marvel. 

God Bless you Brian Pears and may you rest in peace.
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner