Author Topic: FTM Tree Sync ceasing from 29 March?  (Read 17419 times)

Offline weste

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: FTM Tree Sync ceasing from 29 March?
« Reply #126 on: Monday 05 June 17 13:12 BST (UK) »
That sounds more positive. What annoys me people have had more than one invite whereas its obvious from facebook posts others have n't had one. I feel they've been laughing at us and now they are promising at least weekly updates again. It still sounds very laid back again. I could have asked for a test drive but i'd got other priorities so was n't worried.The customer care is a joke.

Offline diplodicus

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Remember, no great adventure started with salad.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: Thursday 08 June 17 18:03 BST (UK) »
Overall, I'm happy with the software but less than happy with the overall software upgrade/marketing process as I still do not have a fully released version of the software
[/i]

I too would prefer a fully-tested debugged version of FTM but given the fact that there is not yet such an animal, I was happy to pay the upgrade cost to have a version with a working 'synch' function (at least until yesterday when they suspended it because of a new instability). After the cessation of Ancestry's support for the interface to FTM, I had felt vulnerable to a system failure. Whilst my backup gedcom secured the fundamentals of my tree, the media would have been left flapping in the breeze.

The latest major problem (as of yesterday) reveals the instability of 2017 and I applaud MacKiev for their honesty in this regard. As a retired IT geek, I can think of many instances where a software product has been rushed to market as a full release when subsequent events have revealed the fact that it was not stable.
Thomas, Davies, Jones, Walters, Daniel in Carmarthenshire and Ceredigion. That should narrow it down a bit!
Vincent: Fressingfield, Suffolk, Stockton & Sunderland.
Murtha/Murtaugh: Dundalk & Sunderland
Ingram: Cairnie by Huntly, Scotland then Abergavenny, Monmouthshire.
Bardouleau: London - in memory of my stepmother Annie Rose née Bardouleau who put up with a lot from me.
gedmatch.com A006809
Kit uploaded to familytreedna.com B171041
Y-DNA R-M269 & mtDNA U5b1f

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: Friday 09 June 17 23:37 BST (UK) »
Latest from FB page

SYNC WEATHER ALERT - JUNE 9
Due to an increased level of sync reports this week, we have temporarily blocked all syncing, downloading and uploading services in FTM 2017 for all test drivers and beta testers while we work on upgrading the system with Ancestry. We will resume sync services as soon as it's safe to do so.

One step forward, two back?
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: Friday 09 June 17 23:45 BST (UK) »
Interesting.  I've found Ancestry to be very slow and often 'sticking' all week, but I've just had to sign in again (normally I don't need to) and its working fine again. 
MORGAN: Glamorgan, Durham, Ohio. DAVIS/DAVIES/DAVID: Glamorgan, Ohio.  GIBSON: Leicestershire, Durham, North Yorkshire.  RAIN/RAINE: Cumberland.  TAYLOR: North Yorks. BOURDAS: North Yorks. JEFFREYS: Worcestershire & Northumberland. FORBES: Berwickshire, CHEESMOND: Durham/Northumberland. WINTER: Durham/Northumberland. SNOWBALL: Durham.

Offline weste

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: Thursday 15 June 17 17:02 BST (UK) »
It did stick for me on some occasions e.g. trying to attatch record and it saying you have n't given ancestry enough info when they have given me it as a hint. Some in list did attatch but a  couple did n't and had to use back button a few times when it stuck.

Offline weste

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: Wednesday 21 June 17 09:36 BST (UK) »
new update and seems more promising but again they are saying by a date

Offline GailB

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: Monday 03 July 17 03:55 BST (UK) »
I had an email to try Test Drive 2 this morning.
Armitage, Atherton, Barton, Beck, Bradshaw, Brumfitt, Chetwin, Conalty, Connolly, Connor(s), Davidson, Hilton, Hoey, Johnson, Jones, Knight, Lester, McDonald, Molyneux, Morris, Pownall, Rushton, Spark, Stanley, Tunstall, Welsby, West, Wharton, Williams, Wilson, Windridge, Windstandley

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: Monday 03 July 17 10:00 BST (UK) »
So did I, and also a final date  ::)

" Assuming all has gone well, you just keep using the software until the final arrives - which we are targeting for July 15th."

Think I'll hang on another 2 weeks as I've waited this long.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline GailB

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: Monday 03 July 17 10:07 BST (UK) »
My sync worked this time  ;D
Armitage, Atherton, Barton, Beck, Bradshaw, Brumfitt, Chetwin, Conalty, Connolly, Connor(s), Davidson, Hilton, Hoey, Johnson, Jones, Knight, Lester, McDonald, Molyneux, Morris, Pownall, Rushton, Spark, Stanley, Tunstall, Welsby, West, Wharton, Williams, Wilson, Windridge, Windstandley