Author Topic: FTM Tree Sync ceasing from 29 March?  (Read 17415 times)

Offline GailB

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: FTM Tree Sync ceasing from 29 March?
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 26 March 17 12:46 BST (UK) »
I have not upgraded to the 2017 version. However, I have upgraded to the latest version from the 2012 version which will now enable me to a free upgrade to the 2017 version.

Groom stated that she could not upgrade because it didn't recognise that she had purchased FTM.

Dear xxxx,
Thank you for pre–ordering Family Tree Maker 2017!
SHIPPING SOON
We are so excited to be getting ready to launch this new version of Family Tree Maker! Right now it is going through final testing and being given some finishing touches – we expect it to start shipping on March 31st. At that time we'll send you an email with detailed download and installation instructions.
WHILE YOU WAIT: DOWNLOAD A COPY OF THE CURRENT FTM EDITION
If you don't have the latest edition of FTM installed – FTM 2014.1 (build 501 or 510 for Windows) or FTM Mac 3.1 (build 939 or 950), you may want to do that now. Other than in areas of the product where we have added new functionality, you will find FTM 2017 very familiar. While updating to the latest edition is optional, it does offer important security, stability, performance improvements:
Armitage, Atherton, Barton, Beck, Bradshaw, Brumfitt, Chetwin, Conalty, Connolly, Connor(s), Davidson, Hilton, Hoey, Johnson, Jones, Knight, Lester, McDonald, Molyneux, Morris, Pownall, Rushton, Spark, Stanley, Tunstall, Welsby, West, Wharton, Williams, Wilson, Windridge, Windstandley

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 26 March 17 12:49 BST (UK) »
I have not upgraded to the 2017 version. However, I have upgraded to the latest version from the 2012 version which will now enable me to a free upgrade to the 2017 version.

Did you buy the upgrade to FTM 2014, I upgraded for free and it says I'm not entitled to a free 2017 version.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Kimbrey

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 26 March 17 12:56 BST (UK) »

I wonder if that is the difference, my FTM 2014 was bought from Ancestry initially and I upgraded to 2014+ free from Mackiev  ,that entitled me to the reduced price for the 2017 version but not a free one

Kim

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 26 March 17 13:06 BST (UK) »

I wonder if that is the difference, my FTM 2014 was bought from Ancestry initially and I upgraded to 2014+ free from Mackiev  ,that entitled me to the reduced price for the 2017 version but not a free one

Kim

Same with me. I've now ordered and paid for the 2017 at the reduced price.

Offline sstain

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 26 March 17 16:16 BST (UK) »
Does anyone know how we stand if we decide not to upgrade from 2014.1 to 2017. I'm thinking that I can probably cope without syncing now. I am not currently a member of Ancestry. Will Mackiev continue to support 2014.1 after its launch of 2017. I'm really annoyed that i upgraded and paid for a back up disc a few weeks ago and now this happens.

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 26 March 17 17:32 BST (UK) »
If you've paid for a backup disc you may be entitled to a free upgrade to the FTM2017.

Offline sstain

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 26 March 17 18:52 BST (UK) »
Hi
Thanks for replying. I already checked that. If you only paid for the back up disc, you are not netitled to free back up to 2017.
Sheila

Offline GailB

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 27 March 17 01:27 BST (UK) »

Did you buy the upgrade to FTM 2014, I upgraded for free and it says I'm not entitled to a free 2017 version.

Yes I purchased the upgrade to FTM2014
Armitage, Atherton, Barton, Beck, Bradshaw, Brumfitt, Chetwin, Conalty, Connolly, Connor(s), Davidson, Hilton, Hoey, Johnson, Jones, Knight, Lester, McDonald, Molyneux, Morris, Pownall, Rushton, Spark, Stanley, Tunstall, Welsby, West, Wharton, Williams, Wilson, Windridge, Windstandley

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 01 April 17 10:13 BST (UK) »
Anyone received the upgrade yet?  It was supposed to start being sent out yesterday but mine's not arrived yet.
MORGAN: Glamorgan, Durham, Ohio. DAVIS/DAVIES/DAVID: Glamorgan, Ohio.  GIBSON: Leicestershire, Durham, North Yorkshire.  RAIN/RAINE: Cumberland.  TAYLOR: North Yorks. BOURDAS: North Yorks. JEFFREYS: Worcestershire & Northumberland. FORBES: Berwickshire, CHEESMOND: Durham/Northumberland. WINTER: Durham/Northumberland. SNOWBALL: Durham.