Author Topic: FTM Tree Sync ceasing from 29 March?  (Read 17449 times)

Offline Chapuys

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: FTM Tree Sync ceasing from 29 March?
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 25 March 17 22:04 GMT (UK) »
Whilst I am slightly biased as I'm getting a free upgrade due to buying FTM post the Mackiev purchase, this isn't Mackievs fault really. It is Ancestry's for removing TreeSync.

You cannot expect the new owner Mackiev to create a new method of syncing and give it away to legacy users who didn't pay them for FTM (you would have paid Ancestry when they owned FTM back then). I paid Mackiev directly and they rewarded me by giving me a free upgrade. Same way RootMagic can give their new sync away for free as you paid them. Unfortunately legacy software cannot be kept going forever.

Offline trish58

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 25 March 17 22:33 GMT (UK) »
Ordered mine yesterday, but they are out of stock for the next 3/4 weeks.

Trish
Rae, Feeney, Singleton, Appleton, Agnew, McKeachie,
Fury, & many more

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 25 March 17 22:45 GMT (UK) »
Ordered mine yesterday, but they are out of stock for the next 3/4 weeks.

Trish

Sorry, what have you ordered? I understood that the FTM17 isn't out until the 31st March when it will be released for download.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 25 March 17 23:29 GMT (UK) »
I have FTM2012 and it let me upgrade.

What to though?  The only release at the moment is FTM 2014.1, which is/was a free upgrade to all existing FTM users.  The only FTM program that will sync with Ancestry after this month is FTM 2017, which isn't released yet. 
MORGAN: Glamorgan, Durham, Ohio. DAVIS/DAVIES/DAVID: Glamorgan, Ohio.  GIBSON: Leicestershire, Durham, North Yorkshire.  RAIN/RAINE: Cumberland.  TAYLOR: North Yorks. BOURDAS: North Yorks. JEFFREYS: Worcestershire & Northumberland. FORBES: Berwickshire, CHEESMOND: Durham/Northumberland. WINTER: Durham/Northumberland. SNOWBALL: Durham.

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 25 March 17 23:48 GMT (UK) »
I have FTM2012 and it let me upgrade.

What to though?  The only release at the moment is FTM 2014.1, which is/was a free upgrade to all existing FTM users.  The only FTM program that will sync with Ancestry after this month is FTM 2017, which isn't released yet.

I agree, I don't think you've upgraded to FTM17 as it says "If you purchased a Software MacKiev edition (FTM 2014.1 or Mac 3.1, both introduced on March 1, 2016) and have signed up for the FTM mailing list, you will receive a free downloadable upgrade by email."  So you only get a free upgrade to the new software if you've bought FTM2014.

Offline Kimbrey

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 26 March 17 10:36 BST (UK) »

I think the free upgrade from FTM 2014 to 2014+1 is still available

I received the e-mail on Friday (24th) and upgraded from 2014 to 2014+1 - if you follow the instructions it is simple but time consuming as you need to back everything up first- on completion I received an e-mail confirming the upgrade and a code which took me to the page with the options for ordering the new version

Kim

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 26 March 17 11:35 BST (UK) »

I received the e-mail on Friday (24th) and upgraded from 2014 to 2014+1 - if you follow the instructions it is simple but time consuming as you need to back everything up first- on completion I received an e-mail confirming the upgrade and a code which took me to the page with the options for ordering the new version

Kim

Yes those are available, but as I understand it that wont entitle you to the new FTM2017 for free, you need to have actually bought FTM14 since MacKiev took over i.e. since last March.

Offline weste

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 26 March 17 11:41 BST (UK) »
Yes it needs to be the mackiev version not the ancestry one and unfortunately my box says ancestry despite it saying 2014. Been waiting to see the roots magic version, although it's been a while in coming.

Offline Kimbrey

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 26 March 17 12:24 BST (UK) »

Kim

Yes,I should have said it entitled me to the upgrade for $29.

Kim