Author Topic: FTM Tree Sync ceasing from 29 March?  (Read 17450 times)

Offline sng165

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: FTM Tree Sync ceasing from 29 March?
« Reply #81 on: Tuesday 25 April 17 16:13 BST (UK) »
Is it compatible with Ancestry?

It obviously won't sync with Ancestry, the only programme to do that is FTM as I understand it.

Could I load My Ancestry Trees onto Family Tree BUILDER via a GEDCOM file ?

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: Tuesday 25 April 17 16:36 BST (UK) »
I see Family Tree Builder is part of My Heritage. My understanding is that if you download your tree as a Gedcom, you can then upload it to any site, but someone on here will be able to confirm if that is true.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline weste

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: Tuesday 25 April 17 21:17 BST (UK) »
I gather the new roots magic has been delayed because of the problem with ancestry and the new version of familytreemaker!

Offline sng165

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: Thursday 27 April 17 08:03 BST (UK) »
Sorry guys I cant partake in discussions any further...I've been warned off - I've had to agree to Confidentiality Agreement

We ask that you agree to keep your activities as a beta tester completely confidential. Please read the terms below carefully.

1. I understand that test copies of FTM are for “my eyes only”. I agree not to share the test version, or even the fact of its existence, or my role as a beta tester with anyone.

2. I agree to keep the results confidential. I will not share my testing results or anything else about the new version, including screen shots and descriptions, with anyone in person, in writing or online other than Software MacKiev.

3. I will not share information about the BETA version on FACEBOOK or other social media.

I agree to the terms of this Confidentiality Agreement.

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: Saturday 29 April 17 16:37 BST (UK) »
Strange sng165 as this is the latest from FTM
Starting yesterday, we began rolling out FTM 2017 to 25,000 users worldwide in our Beta Test Drive Program. The initial feedback from our "Test Drivers" has been very positive. The group's composition was selected for the best chance of successful syncing. In a departure from our usual confidentiality rules for beta testing, our test drivers are allowed to share their test driving experience publicly.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline sng165

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: Saturday 29 April 17 17:39 BST (UK) »
I cant believe that !
Never Mind - I've cancelled my subscription to FTM this afternoon - matters havent improved (despite their reassurances - this tester hasnt found it much better), & I'm just about to lapse my Ancestry subs. I will be using MyHeritage from now on.

Offline weste

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: Sunday 30 April 17 10:04 BST (UK) »
i've seen that info that groom has put on.This business of invitation as well for the test drive, a lot of people did n't get invite especially not of the Monday and on the familytreemaker site on face book there's some interesting info including positive and some very negative. I notice after people started complaining no invite to test drive, all of a sudden there was a a link from the support site to apply ut quite a while after they they said they had started rolling it out. They seem to contradict what they are saying a lot. I so far have n't applied to be a test driver and am annoyed that they are not given even an a regular update to say there's nothing to report so that people know they are not being ignored.As for saying the uk can go to bed when they announced the roll out, what were we in the uk to think. They said they were rolling it out geographically but did n't layout plans for it.

Offline GailB

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: Sunday 30 April 17 10:09 BST (UK) »
My PC crashed a week ago. I did receive an email to Beta test but since I didn't have a PC I couldn't. Now I am desperate to get the software (working properly) so that I can sync from Ancestry to get all of my trees back on my new PC.
Armitage, Atherton, Barton, Beck, Bradshaw, Brumfitt, Chetwin, Conalty, Connolly, Connor(s), Davidson, Hilton, Hoey, Johnson, Jones, Knight, Lester, McDonald, Molyneux, Morris, Pownall, Rushton, Spark, Stanley, Tunstall, Welsby, West, Wharton, Williams, Wilson, Windridge, Windstandley

Offline weste

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: Wednesday 03 May 17 09:44 BST (UK) »
familytreemaker have put an update, saying working with ancestry engineers tonight and will analyse whether to roll out. The sync is 94.8 % on test drives. This update was put on this morning and says just after midnight may 3rd.