Author Topic: Kavanagh  (Read 8255 times)

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
Re: Kavanagh
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 25 March 17 12:28 GMT (UK) »
A quick look at NSWBDM and Trove suggests that Margaret Byrnes married William Duffy in 1878. In one of his funeral notices he is from Riley Street, as were the Kavanagh's, and John Burnes is his stepson.

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline Kaiser95

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 25 March 17 15:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi jamjar
Does that possibly mean Margaret has remarried?

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 25 March 17 15:39 GMT (UK) »
Yes, I believe it does. However, judging by the age she is at death and William too, she cannot be the one Lawrence was referring to, if it was he who put the add in the paper. Also, there is a Margaret born to John and Margaret here in 1860 something and this is who I believe it is. I'll need a fresh mind when looking at this one.

Also, I am sure that I have done a lookup at Waverley Cemetery for Joseph - son of John and Margaret - and Elizabeth. I think it was related to EGGINS on the headstone. I will search Rootschat to see if I can find who else is looking it them.

Jamjar

Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 26 March 17 10:05 BST (UK) »
I've spent the day working on the line of Joseph and Elizabeth. Elizabeth did remarry to a cad and it explains why she died as Elizabeth Ousley, but is buried with Joseph as his wife Elizabeth Kavanagh. Poor Joseph came to a very sad end.

One of their daughters, Mary Amelia, married an Ambrosoli and they had a son who died as a POW, in WW2. There is a photo of him in his military file. He enlisted as Allan Ambrose KAVANAGH, but his birth is registered as Ambrosoli.

To see the file go to: https://recordsearch.naa.gov.au/SearchNRetrieve/Interface/SearchScreens/BasicSearch.aspx

You just need Allan Kavanagh in the 'Keywords' box. When the list is shown click on the curved symbol to the right.

Of note is that Ambrosoli is a very uncommon name here, and if you go to https://www.whitepages.com.au/residential, and type the surname you will see that there are a few who you would be able to make contact with.

Jamjar

Offline Kaiser95

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 26 March 17 16:50 BST (UK) »
Hi jamjar
Once again,can't thank you enough,amazing list of information
My better half can't believe how much information you've sent us, far exceeded any expectation we had of getting details of the families movements in Australia, you've been phenomenal.
Jimmy

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Monday 27 March 17 06:33 BST (UK) »
Hi Jimmy, I have gone as far as I can with Joseph's line.

It would be worth a look on the NAA site as I think you will find some war records.

Also, death notices can be useful as they often name children. SMH has a pay to use online archive where you may find some of the notices I have listed. I did the free search for some of them without success. I don't know if it is more successful is you pay for access.

http://archives.smh.com.au/

Jamjar

Offline Kaiser95

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Monday 27 March 17 15:14 BST (UK) »
Hi jamjar
Once again you have excelled,unbelievable store of information
Thank you so much

Jimmy

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • John Scott Henderson 1853 Scotland -1919 Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Monday 27 March 17 21:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Jimmy,
   I have free access to SMH - I'm a bit busy today and won't have time to read through all the pdf's - but should be able to catch up and post a few tonight.

Ros
Let's not tolerate bullying !
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline Kaiser95

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Monday 27 March 17 22:12 BST (UK) »
Thanks Ros
Very much appreciated

Jimmy