Author Topic: Kavanagh  (Read 8245 times)

Offline Kaiser95

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Kavanagh
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 22 March 17 15:20 GMT (UK) »
Just noticed jamjar your gt gt grandmother is from Scotland,my wife and I are from Liverpool,England but we currently live north of Aberdeen in scotland

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 22 March 17 15:27 GMT (UK) »
Yes, she was born in Dumfries. Her husband was born in Redcastle. My other line comes from Cupar, Fife.

There is much information available here on your wife's ancestors if she is interested.

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 22 March 17 15:35 GMT (UK) »
Who were your wife's great grandparents?

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline Kaiser95

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 22 March 17 15:38 GMT (UK) »
She is certainly interested,her gt grandfather was John Kavanagh who moved to Liverpool from Cheshire,he was 21 when his parents emigrated,its only recently we decided to widen the Kavanagh search from the gtgtgrandparents,
Her great grandparents were John Kavanagh and Ellen Sullivan

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 22 March 17 15:50 GMT (UK) »
Ah, so John didn't come with them. I have found the deaths and notices for Thomas, Lawrence, James and Joseph, and wondered why I couldn't find John. Can't find William either. Just found death notices for John and Margaret. As it is 2:50am it is time to sleep. Will post some information, later today.

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 23 March 17 08:39 GMT (UK) »
I started the day looking at cemetery indexes and funeral notices on TROVE. It all proved so interesting that I have found myself engrossed in the search, all day.

I have attached a PDF hoping you will be able to save it, as the WORD doc ended up 8 pages long.

The focus of the research was on Lawrence, who arrived in Australia before John and Margaret, and his family.

His marriage: 698/1861 Lawrence KAVANAGH to Eliza MACLEOD SYDNEY

Jamjar

Offline Kaiser95

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 23 March 17 10:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi jamjar
That is brilliant,we were wondering why John and Margaret emigrated so late in life, I can't thank you enough for everything you've done
It's very much appreciated
Thanks again
Kaiser

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 23 March 17 11:48 GMT (UK) »
The task is made easier when folk place death and funeral notices. 

I found a newspaper add placed by a Lawrence seeking to find his brother Thomas who had arrived on the FORTUNE in 1851. I can't find the passenger list.

Also, I have a birth for a Sophia, but can't find a marriage or death.

I'll look at another brother, tomorrow. I think Thomas may have married in 1856.

Jamjar

Offline Kaiser95

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 23 March 17 12:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
We assume now that my wife's gt grandfather John was probably the only one who stayed behind,there was also Catherine born 1850 but she died in 1851 in Cheshire
Johns son Lawrence born in 1875 was my wife's grandfather,my wife's maiden name was Catherine Kavanagh and she was the youngest of 10
As I said,the info you sent this morning is amazing and we can't thank you enough

Kaiser