Author Topic: Where were they in the 1901 census  (Read 4495 times)

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Where were they in the 1901 census
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 29 March 17 11:58 BST (UK) »
This is pure supposition but worth considering

Robert AUDLEY m Bridget HURNEY on Feb 24 1857 in Moycullen LINK

There is the birth of a Margaret ADLY on March 03 1871 to Robert ADLY & Bridget HURNY LINK #50

Also Bridget AUDLEY on Jan 03 1866 to Robert AUDLEY & Bridget HURNEY LINK #320

There is a death in 1875 of a Bridget ADLEY aged 39 - unfortunately not yet online freely available
but if this is the first wife of Robert; it would tie in nicely for him having a second marriage in 1879
The death age implies bc1836 which would look good for a 1857 marraige at 21

I would expect more births between 1857 and 1875 but still looking

Also if the Robert who died in 1900 was their father the informant was a John GRIFFIN son-in-law
This would imply another daughter who lived to adulthood and married

This would make Margaret & Bridget half-sisters to Patrick, Annie, Sarah and Honoria/Norah

Kearney & Bourke/ Johns & Fox/ Mannion & Finan/ Donohoe & Curley
Byrne [Carthy], Keeffe/ Germaine, Butler/ McDermott, Giblin/ Lally, Dolan
Toole, Doran; Dowling, Grogan/ Reilly, Burke; Warren, Kidd [Lawless]/ Smith, Scally; Mangan, Rodgers/ Fahy, Calday; Staunton, Miller
Further generations:
Brophy Coleman Eathorn(e) Fahy Fitzpatrick Geraghty Haverty Keane Keogh Nowlan Rowe Walder

Offline Deesider

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 29 March 17 19:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Sinann and myluck!

Many thanks for all your messages over the last couple of Days

At the moment I do not believe Patrick has the same parents as Sarah, Annie and Norah for the following reason. When Patrick entered the USA in 1908 he had to enter on the imigration papers a relative back in Ireland where he gave the name of his Mother 'Catherine Audley' So he is definately the Patrick Auddley (or Duddley) in House 13 in Knockaunrany (Slieveneena, Galway) in 1901.

I do not see that Sarah, Annie and Norah are part of the above family. The three of them are obviously sisters as they were all heading for the same person in Washington DC namely Maggie Whelan formerly Audley

You have both given me a lot of information which I will now need to ascimilate it all into my master file about the Audley Family Of Galway.  At the moment I have about 24 separate families within Galway with the information you have given me I should be able to join a number of them together.

Please accept my apologies in advance if I don't respond to your messages as promptly as I would like; my time to look at Family History is somewhat limited but will get there in the end.

By the way my surname is Audley

Regards
The Wirral Way

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 29 March 17 20:05 BST (UK) »
No problem.

Best of luck matching all those Audleys and variations
Kearney & Bourke/ Johns & Fox/ Mannion & Finan/ Donohoe & Curley
Byrne [Carthy], Keeffe/ Germaine, Butler/ McDermott, Giblin/ Lally, Dolan
Toole, Doran; Dowling, Grogan/ Reilly, Burke; Warren, Kidd [Lawless]/ Smith, Scally; Mangan, Rodgers/ Fahy, Calday; Staunton, Miller
Further generations:
Brophy Coleman Eathorn(e) Fahy Fitzpatrick Geraghty Haverty Keane Keogh Nowlan Rowe Walder

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 29 March 17 20:37 BST (UK) »
Are you doing every Audley family in Ireland?
That's Galway and Waterford done and if I remember correctly you had already done Kilkenny.

Offline Deesider

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday 29 March 17 21:05 BST (UK) »
Hi myluck! and Sinann

I am a member of the 'Guild of one-name studies'  ( http://one-name.org/ ) and I make all my research freely available to others through my website www.audleyfamilyhistory.com .

On the website I have information about 27 different branches  of the Audley Family.

I was looking at the Audley Family of Waterford in 2016 as I was contacted by a member of that Audley Family who currently lives in Australia so I have (with the help of Rootschat) helped her research he family history.

The research of the Audley Family of Kilkenny was undertaken in the 1930s but never published so I have taken that research and published it on my website.

I am now in contact with a member of the Audley Family of Galway who lives in Kansas City hence my renewed interest in Galway.

If you are interested to see to what you are contributing towards take a look at 'Audley Family M' on www.audleyfamilyhistory.com

Thanks for all your help
Regards
The Wirral Way