Author Topic: Jeanie FOWLER  (Read 2343 times)

Offline cupcake

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My G Grandfather - Robert Johnstone Moffat
    • View Profile
Jeanie FOWLER
« on: Friday 24 March 17 07:41 GMT (UK) »

Jeanie FOWLER married 25 July 1912 - Lanark, Ontario, Canada - spouse Herbert H  Edmondson.

Jeanie was born 1886 Glasgow, Scotland. Her parents were Daniel FOWLER & Jean Gordon FLEMING

Any other information would be very much appreciated.

Regards, cupcake

Moffat- Mein - Titterington - Kidman

Offline Jacquie in Canada

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Canadian, eh!
    • View Profile
Re: Jeanie FOWLER
« Reply #1 on: Friday 24 March 17 07:56 GMT (UK) »
From the 1921 Canada census for Eramosa Township, Wellington South, Ontario - family living in Rockwood, Ontario:

Herbert H Edmondson, head, 42, married, born England, parents born England, immigrated in 1910, shipper
Jeanie Edmondson, wife, 35, married, born Scotland, parents born Scotland, immigrated in 1910
James H Edmondson, son, 4, born Ontario, father born England, mother born Scotland
Elizabeth F Edmondson, daughter, 3, born Ontario, father born England, mother born Scotland

Jacquie
Canada: Patterson, Brown, Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Johnston(e), Gorsuch, Kitchin/Kitchen
United States: Patterson, Smith, Brown, Vance, Bower(s), Newberry, Best, Love, Gorsuch
England (Northumberland): Brown, Whitfield, Henderson
Scotland (Glasgow, Edinburgh, Fife, East Lothian): Johnston(e), Bell, Galloway, Campbell, Robertson, Williamson, Thomson, Crawford
Germans from Russia: Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Meach, Lorenz

Offline down-under

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 24 March 17 08:02 GMT (UK) »
Hello

I suppose you have this

1891 registration no 644/2 reg district Camlachie civil parish Glasgow Camlachie

229 London Road

Daniel Fowler age 27 born Glasgow occupation Carter
Jean G wife age 27 Glasgow
Jeanie dau age 5 Glasgow
William son age 2 Glasgow

Pam
oakley, Leadbeater, Hemming, Jones, Pearsall, Page,------ Aston, Leominster, Balsall Heath, Tewkesbury, Kings Norton, Birmingham.

census information are crown copyright of www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Canadian, eh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 24 March 17 08:36 GMT (UK) »
Herbert, Jeanie and their 2 children visited England leaving Canada on 2 Oct 1920 and returning 21 May 1921 (just in time for the 1921 Canada census). They listed their nearest relative in England as Herbert's brother, J. Edmondson of Manchester according to the Form 30s that were filed. Here is a link to the passenger list for the Megantic (starting line 16):
http://www.rootschat.com/links/01js5/

Jeanie Fowler arrived in Montreal, Quebec on the Hesperian on 13 Aug 1910. She was listed as a housekeeper.

Jacquie
Canada: Patterson, Brown, Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Johnston(e), Gorsuch, Kitchin/Kitchen
United States: Patterson, Smith, Brown, Vance, Bower(s), Newberry, Best, Love, Gorsuch
Scotland (Glasgow, Edinburgh, Fife, East Lothian): Johnston(e), Bell, Galloway, Campbell, Robertson, Williamson, Thomson, Crawford

Offline cupcake

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 24 March 17 08:45 GMT (UK) »
From the 1921 Canada census for Eramosa Township, Wellington South, Ontario - family living in Rockwood, Ontario:

Herbert H Edmondson, head, 42, married, born England, parents born England, immigrated in 1910, shipper
Jeanie Edmondson, wife, 35, married, born Scotland, parents born Scotland, immigrated in 1910
James H Edmondson, son, 4, born Ontario, father born England, mother born Scotland
Elizabeth F Edmondson, daughter, 3, born Ontario, father born England, mother born Scotland

Jacquie

Thank you so much  :D  I now know Herbert was born in England and they both immigrated in 1910.

This may seem a silly question - what is a shipper?

cupcake

Offline cupcake

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 24 March 17 08:47 GMT (UK) »
Hello

I suppose you have this

1891 registration no 644/2 reg district Camlachie civil parish Glasgow Camlachie

229 London Road

Daniel Fowler age 27 born Glasgow occupation Carter
Jean G wife age 27 Glasgow
Jeanie dau age 5 Glasgow
William son age 2 Glasgow

Pam

Yes, I have this but thank you.

cupcake

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Canadian, eh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 24 March 17 09:01 GMT (UK) »

Someone who arranges the shipment of goods to various destinations. :P When Herbert originally arrived in Canada (the port was Halifax, Nova Scotia) on the Corsican on 27 Feb 1910 he listed his occupation as cloth finisher. His occupation information on the 1921 census was difficult to read but having checked again I believe it says he was a shipper of woolen materials.

I forgot to mention that Jeanie gave her destination when she arrived as Altamont, Ontario which is also where Herbert was headed.

There are a couple of pretty detailed family trees for this family in the public tree section at Ancestry. It includes pictures of the grave markers for Herbert, Jeanie, James and Elizabeth.

Jacquie

Offline cupcake

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 24 March 17 09:05 GMT (UK) »
Herbert, Jeanie and their 2 children visited England leaving Canada on 2 Oct 1920 and returning 21 May 1921 (just in time for the 1921 Canada census). They listed their nearest relative in England as Herbert's brother, J. Edmondson of Manchester according to the Form 30s that were filed. Here is a link to the passenger list for the Megantic (starting line 16):
http://www.rootschat.com/links/01js5/

Jeanie Fowler arrived in Montreal, Quebec on the Hesperian on 13 Aug 1910. She was listed as a housekeeper.

Jacquie

I have Jeanie's mother's death in 1916 and her father's 1937 both Glasgow. Her brother William Fowler died 1946 Glasgow. Thought Jeannie would have visited her father after her mother's death 4 years earlier.
Good to know the ships name, where she arrived and date.

Thank you

cupcake

Offline cupcake

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 24 March 17 09:12 GMT (UK) »

Someone who arranges the shipment of goods to various destinations. :P When Herbert originally arrived in Canada (the port was Halifax, Nova Scotia) on the Corsican on 27 Feb 1910 he listed his occupation as cloth finisher. His occupation information on the 1921 census was difficult to read but having checked again I believe it says he was a shipper of woolen materials.

I forgot to mention that Jeanie gave her destination when she arrived as Altamont, Ontario which is also where Herbert was headed.

There are a couple of pretty detailed family trees for this family in the public tree section at Ancestry. It includes pictures of the grave markers for Herbert, Jeanie, James and Elizabeth.

Jacquie

Found all this very interesting glad I asked. I learn something new every day.

I shall visit the library next week and look up Ancestry :)

cupcake