Author Topic: James Duffin & Jane McKee marriage  (Read 550 times)

Offline Oneday

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
James Duffin & Jane McKee marriage
« on: Saturday 25 March 17 10:05 GMT (UK) »
I have a James Duffin & Jane McKee marrying on 15th Oct 1865 recorded in the Ballyscullion Roman Catholic register.  On the same pages on the 8th July 1866 I have a Thomas Duffin & Catherine McErlane marrying.

I am primarily interested in James & Jane's history but I am would like to know if Thomas could be a brother or relative of James.  I haven't found anything to connect them yet.

I have Jane's year of birth as 1841 & James as 1839 (I assume in Northern Ireland) - these have not been verified with any documentation as yet.

If anyone has any information on James & Jane &/or if Thomas is a brother I would be appreciative.

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • A tree full of life, a life full of branches!
    • View Profile
Re: James Duffin & Jane McKee marriage
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 25 March 17 10:16 GMT (UK) »
Unfortunately, the civil records for those marriages aren't yet available to view for free online at irishgenealogy. You could, however, at a reasonable cost, buy credits and view them on GRONI website.

The civil record should name their respective father/s, as well as their own townland at time of marriage, which may help you decide if they were related.
"Trees without roots fall over!"

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

Don't just wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

In a world where you can be anything, be kind .

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 25 March 17 10:17 GMT (UK) »
Just looking at another source, UHF indexes, it would seem Thomas' father was a Hugh Duffin.

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 25 March 17 10:20 GMT (UK) »
And this would suggest James' father was a James Duffin:

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:FGDX-PGK

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 25 March 17 10:26 GMT (UK) »
The names James Duffin and Hugh Duffin were in Ballyscullion Parish at time of Griffiths Valuation there (1861/2). You can check details at: http://www.askaboutireland.ie/griffith-valuation/

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 25 March 17 11:02 GMT (UK) »
Potential births to James Duffin/Jane McKee for your further checking:

http://www.rootschat.com/links/01jso/

and to Thomas Duffin/Catherin McErlane:

http://www.rootschat.com/links/01jsp/

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 25 March 17 11:06 GMT (UK) »
Duffin families in various townlands, within Ballyscullion Parish, at 1901 census:

http://www.rootschat.com/links/01jsq/