Author Topic: Roger M. Ryan of Kilcommon  (Read 951 times)

Offline KenAdams

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Roger M. Ryan of Kilcommon
« on: Saturday 25 March 17 17:21 GMT (UK) »
My Great Grandfather was Roger M. Ryan and in his US Naturalization forms he indicated that he was from Kilcommon, Tipperary and his parents names were Daniel Ryan & Mary Ryan. From his census records he would have been born in 1859 or 1860 and according to his Naturalization forms he arrived in the USA 5/15/1884.

I found this information on  www.igp-web.com/tipperary/bap/d3.htm
Bridget COSTELLO was baptized on 8 Mar 1855 in Reafadda, Parish of Kilcommon (R.C.). (19) Her father was Thomas Costello. Her mother was Bridget Ryan. Her sponsors were: Daniel Ryan & Mary Ryan. I don't know if this is related but the time period would be about right, and Bridget Costello (Ryan) could be Daniel Ryan's sister.

Offline ballydw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Roger M. Ryan of Kilcommon
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 25 March 17 17:33 GMT (UK) »
Hello & welcome to rootschat.  There are various resources for research. For RC Baptisms/Marriages www.registers.nli.ie
www.nationalarchives.ie for 1901 & 1911 Censuses, Griffiths Valuation records, Tithe Applotment books.  www.historicgraves.ie for cemetery memorials this is a work in progress so not all graveyards are transcribed on the site as yet   There is a Baptism for a Roger Ryan 7th Feb 1858 to Parents Daniel Ryan & Mary McGrath in Parish of Bansha & Kilmoyler Diocese of Cashel & Emily.The following 2 marriages may be possibilities. 1. 1st March 1851 Daniel Ryan & Mary McGrath Residence place Bansha. Marriage place Galbally & Aherlow Diocese Cashel & Emily. 2. 21st June 1856 Daniel Ryan & Mary Ryan. Residence Place Kilcummin. Marriage Place Kilcommon Tipperary.
My Great Grandfather was Roger M. Ryan and in his US Naturalization forms he indicated that he was from Kilcommon, Tipperary and his parents names were Daniel Ryan & Mary Ryan. From his census records he would have been born in 1859 or 1860 and according to his Naturalization forms he arrived in the USA 5/15/1884.

I found this information on  www.igp-web.com/tipperary/bap/d3.htm
Bridget COSTELLO was baptized on 8 Mar 1855 in Reafadda, Parish of Kilcommon (R.C.). (19) Her father was Thomas Costello. Her mother was Bridget Ryan. Her sponsors were: Daniel Ryan & Mary Ryan. I don't know if this is related but the time period would be about right, and Bridget Costello (Ryan) could be Daniel Ryan's sister.

Offline Eileenmc

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Roger M. Ryan of Kilcommon
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 26 February 22 03:57 GMT (UK) »
My g-grandfather was William J. Ryan. Born in 1873 in Kilcommon Tipperary his parents were Mary and Daniel Ryan. His older brother was Roger Ryan who was born in 1859 also in Kilcommon. Roger emigrated to Boston in 1882 with his parents and siblings and settled in Dorchester MA. Roger worked as a teamster and married a Mary. Their children were Daniel (b. 1888), Joseph J. (b.1890), Peter A. (b. 1892), Roger, (b. 1895), Margaret (1887), and Theresa  (b. 1899).

My g-grandfather was newly married in 1900 when he was swimming and got caught in a riptide in Carson Beach in Dorchester and drowned. My grandmother as born 9 months later so there were no male descendants.