Author Topic: Bailey (yeoman) family of Edgmond  (Read 1101 times)

Offline blackcountry man

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Bailey (yeoman) family of Edgmond
« on: Sunday 26 March 17 11:02 BST (UK) »
Hello everyone,

I hope everyone's keeping well :D

I've traced back with parish records and wills to my direct ancestor John BAILEY (yeoman) of Pickstock, Edgmond buried 17 Jan 1698 Edgmond.

His will dated Nov 1697:
John mentions his daughter Alice PARTON wife of Thomas (my direct ancestors) and Thomas son in law is one of the wills overseers. In John's will, he leaves £ 554-10-00 (including debts owed but no names were given). His son and wife Margaret are the named execs' and John signs the will.

He mentions some land and property in Wordley's in Pickstocke and another property that he now dwells in (Pickstocke), He also donates monies to the poor of Edgmond, Adney, Calventon? and Pickstocke.

I've been unable to find any marriage entry in the parish records online for John & Margaret but did I believe find the bapt' entry for their daughter Alice BAILEY (source FamilySearch):

Chetwynd, Shropshire
Bapt 2 Jan 1663: Alice daughter of John & Margt' BAILEY

Does anyone have any further information on the BAYLEY family living around Edgmond and the Margaret who John married?

Any advice or assistance would be greatly appreciated in tracing this family further back. Is this family known to anyone else?

Kind regards
Adrian

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Bailey (yeoman) family of Edgmond
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 01 April 17 07:51 BST (UK) »
If you are looking for anyone else who is interested in this family, have you tried 'Surname Interests' in 'Your Tools' below?

Have you also entered your family there?

Offline blackcountry man

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Bailey (yeoman) family of Edgmond
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 04 April 17 05:58 BST (UK) »

Hi,

Many thanks for your advice chempat.

I've found a reference to the Bayley family of Edgmond on the Shropshire archives website and apparently, it gives information on their family tree.

I may request a lookup.

Kind regards
Adrian