Author Topic: Danish Research  (Read 2696 times)

Online jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Danish Research
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 30 March 17 15:40 BST (UK) »
I had actually missed it.

Ian

Online jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 30 March 17 15:49 BST (UK) »
You might want to know their place of residence. It can be either Bengtboestrand or Bangsboestrand.

Ian

Offline jillruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Poppy
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 30 March 17 16:29 BST (UK) »
Thanks, Ian.

On the 1870 census link you sent me (just trying to sort it all out chronologically) in Copenhagen, Johann appears to be missing. I note that the census was taken in feb 1870 so Johanne Marie is there (months before her death), albeit with her forenames transposed, as are Carl(8) and his 11 year old sister whose name has been mangled! I've been trying to find Johann on the 1870 census but no luck so far.
HELP!!!

BATHSHEBA BOOTHROYD bn c. 1802 W. Yorks.

Baptism nowhere to be found. Possibly in a nonconformist church near ALMONDBURY or HUDDERSFIELD.

Online jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 30 March 17 16:38 BST (UK) »
I haven't found him either. He may have been out of the county perhaps.
Looking through the censuses is very time consuming. Don't expect to find all the censuses to be searchable, they are not. You need to go through all the books. That is why you need a street or parish to go by.
https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/rif/rif-collection/7

At least we know that Carl Johan was in England around 1880.

Ian

Online jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 31 March 17 00:34 BST (UK) »
Here is the 1860 Copenhagen Census with the address they were at according to their marriage record and Carl Johan's birth: Rolighedsvej, Österbro 6 and 14:
https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?bsid=10158#10158,248015

Also Johanne Marie Larsdatter was an illegitimate child.

Ian

Offline jillruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Poppy
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 31 March 17 13:08 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the link, but its a bit like looking for the proverbial needle in a haystack. At first, I thought the opening page (3) was setting out the page numbers to go to for each area so I scoured pages 128-130 for Rolighedsvej but then it dawned on me that it couldn't be an index because there were far more pages than listed! I'll plough through it all when I've got more time.

I suspected Johanne Marie might be illegitimate. I couldn't make out the word before her name in the column + I couldn't find any other children to them - and the father Lars was a sailor!!!

I'll let you know if I find that entry on the 1860 census (or, Folketaelling, which I rather prefer!).

Jill
HELP!!!

Baptism nowhere to be found. Possibly in a nonconformist church near ALMONDBURY or HUDDERSFIELD.

Online jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Friday 31 March 17 13:14 BST (UK) »
The word before her name is "pigan" meaning housemaid or farm worker. It says "uägta" in the last column meaning illegitimate.

Ian

Online jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Friday 31 March 17 13:19 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the link, but its a bit like looking for the proverbial needle in a haystack. At first, I thought the opening page (3) was setting out the page numbers to go to for each area so I scoured pages 128-130 for Rolighedsvej but then it dawned on me that it couldn't be an index

128-130 are not pages but "matr nr", blocks or something. So there are only 4 pages to look at.

128a - https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?bsid=10158#10158,248064
129-130 - https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?bsid=10158#10158,248067

Ian

Offline jillruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Poppy
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Friday 31 March 17 14:38 BST (UK) »
Thanks but I'd already studied those pages. I've looked again - and can't find them. I suppose they could have moved elsewhere or not even have been in Copenhagen. Seems unlikely though, given that, as you said, they were both of Rolighedsvej in 1859 when they married. The birth entry for Carl Johann in 1861 has them in Trinitatis, Kobenhavn. I assumed this was a church (as in Trinity) but maybe its another part of the city?
HELP!!!