Author Topic: Lt.Col. GEORGE SCOTT  (Read 698 times)

Offline GrahamSimons

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Lt.Col. GEORGE SCOTT
« Reply #9 on: Monday 27 March 17 00:10 BST (UK) »
So now it's down to research in the British Library. I've only done a tiny bit of research there but the records that still exist are amazing
Simons Barrett Jaffray Waugh Langdale Heugh Meade Garnsey Evans Vazie Mountcure Glascodine Parish Peard Smart Dobbie Sinclair....
in Stirlingshire, Roxburghshire; Bucks; Devon; Somerset; Northumberland; Carmarthenshire; Glamorgan

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Family's Links 19th Cent
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 27 March 17 00:15 BST (UK) »
So now it's down to research in the British Library. I've only done a tiny bit of research there but the records that still exist are amazing

If you have a valid Readers Ticket, some marvelous MSS and other collections there too, for many towns, Manors and places, including deserted medieval villages, with people named, x son of y!

Online ShaunJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 27 March 17 06:28 BST (UK) »
George Scott's executor in 1859 was Septimus Scott (England & Wales Probate Calendar and India Office Wills)
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Smokey807

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 27 March 17 15:54 BST (UK) »
I wish to thank all of you for your time and great input. With what you gave I was able to extend my research and found out many interesting things about the Scott family and what a large and wealthy family it was.

With regards to George Scott I did manage to find details of where and when he was buried in Ireland. One of his brothers was also buried there. I also found George's probate record and as one of you pointed out his brother Septimus of Tunbridge Wells was the executor of his estate and so it is obvious based on the RSPCA records of Septimus arranging for a fountain that he was the one who had it installed in memory of his brother George. The date of AD1890 on the fountain inscription obviously referred to the date the fountain was installed for as you found out George died in 1859.

So to make a long story short with you great help I now have all the information I wanted to know from my inquiry so no need for any of you to continue with any research.

Thanks again for your all your great efforts and results.