Author Topic: ANY DESCENDANTS OF BEDFORDSHIRE "SPENCERS" ...1600s to CURRENT Days?  (Read 1159 times)

Offline Vienna Spencer

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
ANY DESCENDANTS OF BEDFORDSHIRE "SPENCERS" ...1600s to CURRENT Days?
« on: Monday 27 March 17 04:01 BST (UK) »
Seek to connect w/ any current day persons still surnamed (or was their Maiden name, or their mother's maiden name or their Dad's mother's maiden name), today, who either know some of their Spencer heritage (like back to their grand or great-grandparents Spencer), or would like to know more about their Bedfordshire Spencers.

If you happen to have taken a y-line (males only) surname DNA test, & ended-up w/ the Haplotype of E1b1b (aka: M-35) you will be a "match" to my particular Spencer group. There are hundreds of separate un-related by blood Spencer families, hence Why DNA testing is a boon to researchers Trying to find-out to Whom they belong, as those taking the tests who end-up in Your specific family group usually possess papers that can assist you in going further back w/ your line, perhaps even many generations, providing you names of individuals as well as locations & dates. (FamilyTreeDNA.com has one of the largest Spencer group databases, & have been testing Spencers the longest of all the companies doing these tests).

If your Spencers lived in Bedfordshire,esp. the towns of Biggleswade, Blunham, E(a)ton-Socon, Cople,
Edworth, Stotfold, or other small towns w/in Beds.county, or even nearby Hertfordshire towns of Hitchin or St. Albans, you may be of my particular Spencer group.

Also first names of Geoffrey, Gerard, Wright, John, Charles, Robert, William, Thomas, Daniel, Michael,
Henry, Andrew, were commonly used for our Spencer males, over & over, down through time.

I have much information, genealogy charts, Old Spencer pictures, etc. to exchange / share w/ others if they happen to be of my Spencer lines.

Hoping to hear from British SPENCERs today who have some history in Bedfordshire or think they might, or were perhaps earlier from Northamptonshire or Hertfordshire regions.

Thanks for your time in reading, considering all this!

Take Care,

Vienna Spencer