Author Topic: Maisie Boyles, Belfast Co. Antrim  (Read 2181 times)

Offline muriellecampbell

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Maisie Boyles, Belfast Co. Antrim
« on: Monday 27 March 17 18:50 BST (UK) »
I am looking for information pertaining to the birth and marriage for Maisie Boyles (ca 1900s).  She is a relative of Alexander Boyles and Mary Ann Baillie, possibly a niece of that family.  I am looking for her birth parents.

What I have on records for Maisie Boyles is that she married Howard Cahoon and they had three children George, Elizabeth and Jean.  Would appreciate any help in finding her parents, etc.   ;)
Murray and Campbell

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • A tree full of life, a life full of branches!
    • View Profile
Re: Maisie Boyles, Belfast Co. Antrim
« Reply #1 on: Monday 27 March 17 19:00 BST (UK) »
There are a few possibilities for 'Maisie', such as a Mary Ann Boyles born Belfast area on 12 August 1900 to a Margaret Jane Boyles, spinster. Or a Margaret  Ann Boyles in 1896, to a James Boyles and Margaret Graham.

Did Maisie list a father's name on her marriage? When do you think she lived with Alexander?
"Trees without roots fall over!"

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

Don't just wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

In a world where you can be anything, be kind .

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • A tree full of life, a life full of branches!
    • View Profile
"Trees without roots fall over!"

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

Don't just wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

In a world where you can be anything, be kind .

Offline Elwyn Soutter

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 27 March 17 19:11 BST (UK) »
Alexander Boyles married Mary Ann Baillie at St Anne’s, Belfast on 12.7.1895. His father was Alexander, a seaman.
Elwyn

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 27 March 17 19:51 BST (UK) »
Details of Alexander Boyles and Mary Ann Baillie already found on previous topic-
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=767666
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline muriellecampbell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 29 March 17 17:46 BST (UK) »
Alexander Boyles married Mary Ann Baillie at St Anne’s, Belfast on 12.7.1895. His father was Alexander, a seaman.
Yes, that is correct.
Murray and Campbell

Offline muriellecampbell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 29 March 17 18:00 BST (UK) »
There are a few possibilities for 'Maisie', such as a Mary Ann Boyles born Belfast area on 12 August 1900 to a Margaret Jane Boyles, spinster. Or a Margaret  Ann Boyles in 1896, to a James Boyles and Margaret Graham.

Did Maisie list a father's name on her marriage? When do you think she lived with Alexander?
I haven't had a chance to check it out as yet but plan on today or soon.  Thanks for the help so far. :)
Murray and Campbell

Offline familyroutes

• RootsChat Senior
  • The O'Kane Family Garvagh
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 29 March 17 19:02 BST (UK) »
As scotmum pointed out there is a Mary Ann Boyes born 12/08/1900  33 Glenpark St Her mother was Margaret Jane Boyles ,no father recorded.There is a note "Mater innapta" which I think means unmarried mother.

There is a Margaret Boyles born 10/04/1869 father Alexander a sailor ...mother Agnes.
Could this be Alexander Jnr's sister, making her daughter Alexander's niece.

O'Kane, O'Mullan: Garvagh Derry
Bowe: Currabaha ,Waterford
McManus: Aghagallon ,Antrim
McGowan: Drumshambo, Leitrim

Offline muriellecampbell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 29 March 17 19:55 BST (UK) »
As scotmum pointed out there is a Mary Ann Boyes born 12/08/1900  33 Glenpark St Her mother was Margaret Jane Boyles ,no father recorded.There is a note "Mater innapta" which I think means unmarried mother.

There is a Margaret Boyles born 10/04/1869 father Alexander a sailor ...mother Agnes.
Could this be Alexander Jnr's sister, making her daughter Alexander's niece.

On the 1911 Census there is a Margaret Jane Crichard, 67 years old (Born in 1844 in Co. Down) living at 11 Arkwright St. with the family of Alexander Boyles and Mary Ann (Baillie) Boyles.  She was their housekeeper and a relative cousin.  She was single.  Mary Ann Boyles (Maisie) would have been her daughter.  Would you agree? I never knew that Maisie could have been a nickname for Mary Ann.  I wonder if this one is settled and we both agree that Maisie is a niece of the family.  I appreciate your help. 8)

We are now certain that Mary Ann Boyles b) 1900 was not Margaret Jane Boyles's daughter.  Now I tend to believe that Alexander Boyles and Mary Ann (Baillie) Boyles whose daughter was Mary Ann Boyles born 1907-1908 was 3 years old in 1911.  She could be the one that married George Cahoon.  They married on April 1, 1929.  Mary Ann would have been 22 years old and George would have been ca 30 years old.  Can this be verified.   Your help is much appreciated. ;)
Murray and Campbell