Author Topic: Winnifred Boyles, Belfast Co. Antrim  (Read 380 times)

Offline muriellecampbell

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Winnifred Boyles, Belfast Co. Antrim
« on: Monday 27 March 17 19:03 BST (UK) »
I am looking for Winnifred Boyles born in Belfast on October 28, 1916 and died October 24, 2007 in Belfast.  She married a gentleman by surname BROWN.  I know that they had one son born to the family but don't know who Mr. Brown and their son's name.  I would appreciate any information on the family including his birthdate and their son's birthdate.  And a marriage date for the couple.  What happened to Mr. Brown as she had a second marriage.

Winnifred Boyles married to Fred McIlveen and they had three children:  Fred Jr., Sandra and Albert.  I'm interested in finding out when they married and the children's birthdates. :)
Murray and Campbell

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Winnifred Boyles, Belfast Co. Antrim
« Reply #1 on: Monday 27 March 17 19:55 BST (UK) »
We aren't allowed to post details of living people and given Winnifred's date of birth it's possible her children are still alive.

You can use GRONI to search for more recent vital records than on Irish Genealogy site but there are date restrictions there also (births less than 100 years old will be be available online, etc.).

https://geni.nidirect.gov.uk/
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Elwyn Soutter

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Winnifred Boyles, Belfast Co. Antrim
« Reply #2 on: Monday 27 March 17 19:56 BST (UK) »
Winfred’s marriage to Frederick McIlveen was registered in Belfast on 13.4.1936, when she was around 20. I don’t see an earlier marriage for her, so suspect Mr Brown was her 2nd husband. However the 1936 marriage certificate should show whether she had been married before. You can view the original certificate on-line on the GRONI website, using the “search registrations” option:

https://geni.nidirect.gov.uk

You will need to open an account and buy some credits. It costs £2.50 (sterling) to a view a certificate.

The birth indexes for children born within the last 100 years are not available on-line. Nor are marriages under 75 years and deaths under 50. You need to contact GRONI for them. Alternatively you can go to PRONI where there are some terminals that allow you to search these more recent events.
Elwyn