Author Topic: Harry Davies b1907 Southsea.  (Read 1372 times)

Offline wilcoxon

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barry Sheene 1950-2003
    • View Profile
Re: Harry Davies b1907 Southsea.
« Reply #9 on: Monday 03 April 17 16:33 BST (UK) »
Harry Davies was b in 1907 to John Edward Davies & his wife Sarah Jane nee Jones.
In 1911 they lived at Rosemount, Southsea, Wrexham.
I'm pretty sure I've found his death & Will which reads: Harry Davies of Townditch, Burton, Rossett, Wrexham, died 18 July 1941, money left to Clara Davies, the widow.
Thanks to anyone who replies.

Amberly.

Clara Davies of Townditch Rossett widow  died 2 July 1947.
Probate to William Kendrick Keay bricklayer

BMD
Deaths Sep 1947  Davies  Clara  aged  64  Wrexham  8a 373   

Census information is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline amberly

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 04 April 17 01:42 BST (UK) »
Hello Wilcoxon, Thanks for your reply.   Lots of food for thought now!

Clara Davies who died in Sept 1947 certainly lived at the same address as Harry did when he died in 1941, but if she was his wife she was 24 years older than him!!!    I don't believe they had any children but her age may have accounted for that!
However I've searched & searched for a marriage to no avail.
Then I've looked up William Kendrick Keay who I believe was b in 1881 in Chester, was he her brother maybe??   He died I think in Wrexham aged 86 in 1967.   I've found his mother, Elizabeth Kendrick & she married Robert Fleming Keay but died aged 28 in 1881. His father married again.   However I can't find a Clara Keay or Kendrick, so I can't connect him to her so far.
His grandfather William Kendrick was a brick & pipe maker living at Brickworks Cottage, Burton so he probably learned the trade of Bricklaying from his grandfather. 
What am I missing?? 
Thanks again Wilcoxon.
Amberly.
Roberts,Guilsfield area, Mont.    Beattie, Welshpool, Mont         Newill, Welshpool & Shrops.      Gwyther, London.                    Cureton, Shrops & London.       Whitfield, Shrops.                        Dickin, Shrops & Mont.               Barker, London.

Offline wilcoxon

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barry Sheene 1950-2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 04 April 17 07:51 BST (UK) »
Problem is both free BMD and GRO deaths give Harry's age as 62.

Offline wilcoxon

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barry Sheene 1950-2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 04 April 17 08:20 BST (UK) »
  I've searched FindMyPast, Anc, Family Search & NWBMD & cannot find an exact birthdate for Harry but I did for his brother. 
Amberly

How did you find the brother birthdate, was it a baptism or from his death . Have you thought the family may have been Non conformists.  , and so not in parish registers.
there were lots of Chapels around Southsea.

Offline amberly

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 05 April 17 01:02 BST (UK) »
Hello Wilcoxon,
I found Trevor's birthdate from the Death Registry on Anc & F S.   Trevor Davies b 16 Oct 1901 & died 11 Nov 1981, aged 80.    However I can't find a marr or death for Harry & obviously the one who died in 1941 aged 62 was not mine.  His father & mother were only married in 1901.
You have a point though his wife may have been Chapel not Church which is why I can't find them.
Anyway I've had enough for now & put him on the back burner & will search again in a year or two.
Thanks so much for all your help, I do appreciate having other people to look & to comment.
Amberly.
Roberts,Guilsfield area, Mont.    Beattie, Welshpool, Mont         Newill, Welshpool & Shrops.      Gwyther, London.                    Cureton, Shrops & London.       Whitfield, Shrops.                        Dickin, Shrops & Mont.               Barker, London.