Author Topic: John Maguire of Belturbet, County Cavan, died 1959  (Read 4435 times)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: John Maguire of Belturbet, County Cavan, died 1959
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 30 April 17 10:25 BST (UK) »
Thomas Cameron married 20 Dec.1933 coleraine district to Martha Thompson.

Coleraine Cemetery-
Cameron Martha Gough born 22nd Nov 1911–died 28th Oct 2011 beloved wife of Serjeant Thomas Cameron died on active service 27th May 1942 (Madagascar) devoted mother of * and the late Anna much loved granny great granny and great-great-granny forever in our hearts
http://colerainefhs.org.uk/?page_id=177147&paged=41

Martha Cameron, formerly of the Park Street area of Coleraine, passed away on October 28, in her 100th. year. Beloved wife of the late “Sgt.” Thomas Cameron, loving mother of *, dearest mother-in-law of the late Stirling Pollock, devoted granny to * and her husband *, * and his wife *, and great-granny to *, *, *, * and *, and great-great-grandmother of * and *. The Funeral Service will take place on Monday (October 31) at 12 noon in St. Patrick’s Church, Coleraine (see right). Interment to follow in Coleraine Cemetery (see right). Family flowers only please. Donations in lieu of flowers have been requested (see right).
http://passedaway.com/notice/martha_cameron/6454/
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Kane57

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Maguire of Belturbet, County Cavan, died 1959
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 30 April 17 13:54 BST (UK) »
Thanks very much dathai and aghadowey. 
My mother will be surprised to hear all this information.  Its a bit of a coincidence that Susan's son ended up in Coleraine.  I think that's all of Susan's family identified. 
I am currently sending for the seaman's records for Susan's two brothers, Robert and Patrick.  This is turning into a real jigsaw puzzle of information. 
If I can find the death records for her brother John (not a seaman unfortunately) who was born 01/05/1884 I can apply for his ww1 military records.  The problem with John is that he didn't marry and so no children and records will be few.
Thanks again to all.