Author Topic: Family Historian 6  (Read 1005 times)

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
Family Historian 6
« on: Tuesday 28 March 17 18:50 BST (UK) »
I am still playing around with the "new" for me Family Historian. Could someone please tell me how I can get rid of the little green circles with numbers in- matches to Find my past- I am not a member and I do not want them. They are not quite as annoying as Ancestry's waggling leaves but getting there ???
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley

Offline arthurk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Family Historian 6
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 28 March 17 19:59 BST (UK) »
In the top menu select Internet, then Internet Data Matches...  This brings up the Preferences window, with Internet Data Matches selected.

Click on the name of each provider in turn (by default the latest version has FindMyPast and MyHeritage), and this will activate the Settings button below. Click that, and against Automatic Matching select Disable. OK your way out of the windows/menus - job done.
Researching among others:
Bartle, Bilton, Bingley, Campbell, Craven, Emmott, Harcourt, Hirst, Kellet(t), Kennedy,
Meaburn, Mennile/Meynell, Metcalf(e), Palliser, Robinson, Rutter, Shipley, Stow, Wilkinson

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 30 March 17 19:43 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much, that has done the trick ;)
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 06 April 17 13:46 BST (UK) »
Hello I am back  8) Yippee I hear you groan  ???

The focus window
Where I have a list under the couple for their children. I have column's for Children  Sex   Birth   Death   and Rel.
Firstly what is Rel. and why do I need it. I would prefer to have the place where they were born, I have been looking at the various options to change the look of the "thing" but cannot see any way to include the place name and get rid of Rel.
Also can I please get rid of the double clicking and go with a single click as I find this very irritating.
Sorry for being so annoying, but you are all so good on here in explaining in simple language, I find the FHUG board answers so complicated I lose track after the first sentence  ::)

Edited
Ok, just needed to play a while longer  :P banished the Rel. by unticking the box for children's relationship to parents.....on the main window, but it is still on the small window.

Online Isabel H

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 06 April 17 18:31 BST (UK) »
To get rid of the Rel (Relationship to parents) column, go to Tools - preferences - focus window, untick Childrens' Relationship to Parents.

Sorry, can't help with the rest.
GRAY - Inveresk; Lanarkshire
LINDSAY - Lanarkshire
PURDIE - Lanarkshire; W. Lothian
POZZI - Elgin; Lancashire
MACKENZIE, MORISON - Isle of Lewis
ARCHIBALD, HAY, HUNTER, SNADDON - Clackmannanshire
COXON, HALL, JACKSON, SHOTTON - Northumberland