Author Topic: Help please with words on this death certificate John McKay  (Read 647 times)

Offline iforani

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Help please with words on this death certificate John McKay
« on: Wednesday 29 March 17 07:06 BST (UK) »
Hi I am still trying to locate the origin of my great great grandfather, John McKay. The man whose dc this is was Peter Mackay/Mackey born at Clane, Kildare. I believe that Peter is somehow related to my John McKay/McKey who emigrated to Australia circa 1855. Peter emigrated to Victoria, Aus with his wife (Susan Cleary/Clarey) and two of their daughters in 1853. Please help interpret the words at the top of this where it relates to his children. Peter had the following children: Ann, Peter, James, Mary, Nicholas, Matthew and Bridget. All children except Ann are listed here. It looks to me as if these words are written: "1 male name unknown if dead", but it may be  "1 female Ann unknown if dead." Please help with this, copy not so great sorry. If Peter is not the father of our John McKay he may have been a cousin. Thanks! Deb
McKay (Kildare, Ireland), Aldred (Manchester), Smith, Cooper (Kent), Howlett, Bodill, Atkins (Northamptonshire), Smart (UK, Africa), Brown, Bryant, Dixon, Walton

Offline horselydown86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Help please with words on this death certificate
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 29 March 17 09:27 BST (UK) »
I would incline towards:   A male name unknown & dead

Offline sstain

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Help please with words on this death certificate
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 29 March 17 09:54 BST (UK) »
It looks to me like Mary is listed but not Ann and i agree with above post.
Sheila

Offline iforani

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Help please with words on this death certificate John McKay
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 29 March 17 12:14 BST (UK) »
Thanks for thee responses. Oh yes I made a mistake re Mary and Ann...will rectify this now! Thank you.  :)
McKay (Kildare, Ireland), Aldred (Manchester), Smith, Cooper (Kent), Howlett, Bodill, Atkins (Northamptonshire), Smart (UK, Africa), Brown, Bryant, Dixon, Walton