Author Topic: Abercastle, Mathry, Pembrokeshire. Cemetery?  (Read 270 times)

Offline wallise

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Abercastle, Mathry, Pembrokeshire. Cemetery?
« on: Wednesday 29 March 17 21:48 BST (UK) »
My Gt Gt Grandfather died in Abercastle on the Pembrokeshire coast near Mathry. Is there anyone in that area who could tell me where the cemetery for that hamlet is located. I know there is gravestone and it overlooks the sea but have no further information. Also is there or was there a church or chapel in Abercastle.
Thanks.
Miles and Higgon -Pembrokeshire - Llanstinan, Llanwnda, Mathry.
Roberts -Nebo, Llanllyfni.
Evans -Pentrefoelas.
Davies -Llanarth
Roberts-Mountain Ash, Glamorgan.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Sam Swift

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Abercastle, Mathry, Pembrokeshire. Cemetery?
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 29 March 17 23:20 BST (UK) »
Abercastle does not have a graveyard. There is a graveyard at the Church in Mathry but you can't see the sea from it. I wonder if it is at the graveyard on the A487 just outside the place called Square and Compass. Its' on a hill overlooking the sea: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.9344125,-5.1398097,3a,75y,255.2h,55.73t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sWmrDVkJFzLznepiwIHqJUw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

You could try chwcking these: https://www.geni.com/projects/Pembrokeshire-Monumental-Inscriptions-Cemeteries-Graveyards/17642

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline wallise

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Abercastle, Mathry, Pembrokeshire. Cemetery?
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 30 March 17 14:22 BST (UK) »
Thank you very much for this information.
Miles and Higgon -Pembrokeshire - Llanstinan, Llanwnda, Mathry.
Roberts -Nebo, Llanllyfni.
Evans -Pentrefoelas.
Davies -Llanarth
Roberts-Mountain Ash, Glamorgan.