Author Topic: Frederick Weymouth Matthews  (Read 2408 times)

Offline Julie Wedlock

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Frederick Weymouth Matthews
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 14 February 18 15:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi everyone,
Thank you all so much for the information. Lots of it are true but I had no idea that Wilfred's mum and dad (James and Maria) went out to Canada for a time. I thought I had found them on the 1911 census but as I do not have access to any other censuses after but found their deaths in England, I just assumed they stayed here.
I have found a photo with "uncle Wilf and Aunt Lottie" written on the back in Toronto, and when my friend after looking something else up found Wilfred in Canada I was a bit surprised but excited. You all have found me lots to work on again but of course the marriage of Wilfred is also bound to be in Canada as you said Ruth was born there.
Thanks also to Ladyhawke for finding more about Frederick. The few minutes I saw of the 1939 census said that Frederick was married but no wifes name on that. He died alone and is in a paupers grave as there was no family found in Southend to bury him. He doesn't even have a gravestone/marker. The Alice that died in Southend cannot be right as the dates I don't think will tie in as he died 28 years afterwards. But this is all great stuff and now I need another day to get it connected. Please keep looking as I just want to know if I hav e any cousins out there which would help me with that side of the family as my Grandad (Ernest) did not speak at all about his family. x