Author Topic: Christina Stuart 1911?  (Read 3016 times)

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
Re: Christina Stuart 1911?
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 01 April 17 02:22 BST (UK) »
It does look like this one birth could have been registered in 2 different areas.

STUART
RODERICK BOA
M
098/A 100
Inverness

STUART
RODERICK BOA
M
072/ 3
Kintail ( Ross and Cromarty)

Does anyone know if the father's name was Stuart and the mother's name Boa ?
I'm inclined to think that Stuart was the father's last name.

If Stuart was the paternal name, the father should be listed in the birth cert or an RCE  would be issued to add one

I cannot find a marriage for any Christina "Stuart" in either Ross and Cromarty or Invernesshire between 1926 and 1939.
All other marriges for women with this name were in Aberdeenshire, Lanarkshire and East Lothian

Anne,

I think there are 3 possible &/or likely scenarios here.

Birth registered in 2 areas as Sandra mentioned, born away from U/R (Usual Residence)
Birth was a legitimate birth i.e. parents married
Birth illegitimate with mother's maiden name

If the child was illegitimate & father was present the child would be registered under both surnames

There's no birth with forename Roderick & surname Boa in 1926 nor within a time period when an RCE would be issued?

If an RCE was later attached naming the father, I'm unsure whether this would necessarily mean the child would be on the index with the father's surname too although found by the court to be the father?

Best as mentioned is the original.

Annie

South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"