Author Topic: Waltham St Lawrence - CROCKFORD  (Read 4018 times)

Offline laurenbavin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Waltham St Lawrence - CROCKFORD
« on: Saturday 01 April 17 06:33 BST (UK) »
Hello Im trying to find details on the Crockford Family of Waltham St Lawrence.
My husband has a DNA match to a descendant of Lydia CROCKFORD born c1792 and my husband descends from Philip CROCKFORD born c1790.
THe DNA match would suggest perhaps Lydia and Philip were brother and sister or 1st cousins at the most distant.
While I can find marriages for both, I can not find their births to prove their relationship.
I have been unable to find parish records online and live in New Zealand so visiting a records office is not possible so Id appreciate any info anyone has on this family
Thanks
Regards
Lauren
Goodwin, Middlebrook, Farrer, Mclellan,Poole,Bavin

Offline sandra c

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Waltham St Lawrence - CROCKFORD
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 01 April 17 13:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Familysearch has the following

Philip Crockford christening 31st of july 1791 at Chertsey surrey

father William Crockford
    mother sarah

Sorry not had time to look some more as grandchildren are here Will have another look later

Sandy

Offline jillruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Poppy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 01 April 17 15:25 BST (UK) »
My 2x great grandmother was a Crockford - Mary Ann born 1843 in White Waltham, Berkshire. Bear with me as it gets complicated...

Her father James was baptised 1804 in nearby Binfield, Berks, so his father Benjamin Crockford baptised 1773 in Easthampstead, Berks would be of your Philip and Lydia's generation.

Benjamin was illegitimate but his mother Elizabeth Crockford was baptised in Waltham St Lawrence and the generations before her came from WSL and, before that, from Hurst, Berks. All these places are very close to each other.

I think your Philip is the one baptised in WSL 23 Aug 1789 to Philip and Martha. Philip snr (1752 WSL) was the brother of my Elizabeth. He married Martha Sheppard in 1781 in WSL.

Not sure what type of cousins that makes us but there's definitely some connection although distant enough for me not to have gone that far into it. I had Philip's marriage on my tree but hadn't identified any of his children. I found Philip jnr on Family Search.

I'm still looking for Lydia. I suspect she's probably the daughter of another sibling but not coming up on Family Search.

Incidentally, I've never really looked into DNA testing and had no idea it could give you such direct connections.

Jill

HELP!!!

BATHSHEBA BOOTHROYD bn c. 1802 W. Yorks.

Baptism nowhere to be found. Possibly in a nonconformist church near ALMONDBURY or HUDDERSFIELD.

Offline jillruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Poppy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 01 April 17 15:30 BST (UK) »
There's a marriage in WSL 14 Dec 1811 between Lydia Crockford and Richard Poulter which is probably the lady you're looking for, but I still havn't located her birth/baptism so no idea who she 'belongs' to.
HELP!!!

Baptism nowhere to be found. Possibly in a nonconformist church near ALMONDBURY or HUDDERSFIELD.

Offline jillruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Poppy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 03 April 17 13:37 BST (UK) »
Was that any use to you?
HELP!!!

Offline laurenbavin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 08 April 17 07:29 BST (UK) »
SOrry for the delay in getting back to this - the notification of a response went to my spam box  !- Thank you so much for this - I will see if I can finally connect these two families.

Offline laurenbavin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 08 April 17 07:31 BST (UK) »
Oh and yes that Lydia is the one in the tree of my husbands DNA match.
Getting a match that has names and locations in common makes it easier to define how you are related to the match (along with the amount of DNA you share) It would appear that you are also related to my husband!

Offline laurenbavin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 08 April 17 07:42 BST (UK) »
Jillruss I think if my calculations are correct you and my husband are 7th cousins

Offline jillruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Poppy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 08 April 17 15:50 BST (UK) »
I never could work out all those complicated cousin relationships   :-[ but we're certainly distantly related.

I never did find Lydia though, so still no idea where she fits in.

Has your husband gone very far back in time with his Crockfords?
HELP!!!