Author Topic: Find My Past renewal e-mail  (Read 4140 times)

Online LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I'm nearer to finding out who you are thanks DNA
    • View Profile
Re: Find My Past renewal e-mail
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 02 April 17 12:49 BST (UK) »
Just tried again, same thing as before.  I've now sent them an e-mail asking what am I supposed to do if their system isn't working.  I guess they just want people to give up and carry on with continuous membership.

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 02 April 17 14:45 BST (UK) »
In December 2016 I was suffering this very problem.

If you find this thread:
The Lighter Side / Oh dear!! Disappointing news............ 

Someone very kindly supplied a link which takes you to the "are you really sure you want to leave us" page.  That did seem to do the trick. Box remains unticked...... [Hopefully!]
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me,mum and dad and both gran's c 1955
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 02 April 17 15:33 BST (UK) »
In December 2016 I was suffering this very problem.

If you find this thread:

Someone very kindly supplied a link which takes you to the "are you really sure you want to leave us" page.  That did seem to do the trick. Box remains unticked...... [Hopefully!]

This one?

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=761193.msg6124323#msg6124323
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I'm nearer to finding out who you are thanks DNA
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 02 April 17 16:39 BST (UK) »
If you find this thread:

I went to that thread but can't see a link to take you to the "are you really sure you want to leave us".  What is interesting is that I made a similar comment to the one I've made on here about having to pay full amount and then getting a refund as a loyal customer and my last sentence starts "By the way, I'm still not signed up for automatic renewal"  So how come when I look at my account now, I am signed up for automatic renewal again?  I certainly didn't change it.

Offline CarolA3

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My adopted home
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 02 April 17 16:41 BST (UK) »
My card details are blank as well, but I've got the renewal box ticked. I don't remember removal the details, so I guess FindMyPast did.

Now I suspect they still have your details, you just can't see them. Maybe they started doing that for security. sami   

;) For security..... that'll be right!!
So secure, we can't even remove our own details now!!

This is at the bottom of FindMyPast's 'Update payment card' page.  I'm not renewing this year for various reasons, but I'd be finding out who 'Datacash' are before giving them my card details ::)

Added:  Datacash is a division of MasterCard, apparently.
OXFORDSHIRE / BERKSHIRE
Bullock, Cooper, Boler/Bowler, Wright, Robinson, Lee, Prior, Trinder, Newman, Walklin, Louch