Author Topic: Find My Past renewal e-mail  (Read 4146 times)

Offline sami

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Grannie M
    • View Profile
Re: Find My Past renewal e-mail
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 01 April 17 19:50 BST (UK) »
Surely the easiest way is to make sure that the automatic renewal box is unticked? If it is ticked they could argue that you've given them permission to renew and they don't need to remind you. If it is unticked and they renew they are in the wrong.

The easiest way is to remove your credit card information from your account profile. It does not affect your subscription and there is no way FindMyPast can 'accidentally' automatically renew your subscription. I do this all the time with FindMyPast - when I want to renew I just enter my credit card information and then after I have a new sub I delete the card info on my profile.

sami
England:  Archer, Bailey, Bates, Blower, Bosworth, Court, Hicklin, Orton, Palmer, Robbins, Sedgwick, Smith, Stevenson, Stone, Varnam, Wakelin, Walker
Canada:  Archer, Walker, Spencer, Shepherd
Australia:  Taplin
South Africa:  Risley

Offline Retriever

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 01 April 17 20:06 BST (UK) »
Hi sami, just one thing. Do you still get the renewal e-mail if you withdraw your card details?

I'm thinking of the loyalty discount.

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 01 April 17 20:13 BST (UK) »

The easiest way is to remove your credit card information from your account profile. It does not affect your subscription and there is no way FindMyPast can 'accidentally' automatically renew your subscription. I do this all the time with FindMyPast - when I want to renew I just enter my credit card information and then after I have a new sub I delete the card info on my profile.
sami  [/quote]

Great idea, so I thought I would do it straight away before it slips my mind.

I have searched everywhere, and the only thing I can find is "update card details", but not the card details originally entered to delete them. ???
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline sami

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Grannie M
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 01 April 17 20:27 BST (UK) »
Hi sami, just one thing. Do you still get the renewal e-mail if you withdraw your card details?

I'm thinking of the loyalty discount.

Sometimes I get renewal emails from them but it has always been very inconsistent, even when they had my credit card details. Used to wonder if it was because I am in Canada.

The only loyalty discount ever offered to me was 10% off. I can sometimes do better than that by waiting for special offers but it always seems that I can get the 10% off with them even if they don't have my details on file.

sami
England:  Archer, Bailey, Bates, Blower, Bosworth, Court, Hicklin, Orton, Palmer, Robbins, Sedgwick, Smith, Stevenson, Stone, Varnam, Wakelin, Walker

Offline sami

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Grannie M
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 01 April 17 20:35 BST (UK) »

I have searched everywhere, and the only thing I can find is "update card details", but not the card details originally entered to delete them. ???

When I go to my account page there is an 'Update payment card' section. If I click on that it shows my credit card information - in my case it's all blank, but I could enter the information and then click on the 'Update your card details'.

You should be able to see your own credit card information there and make changes to it.

sami

Offline Retriever

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 01 April 17 20:39 BST (UK) »
Thanks sami, I've only ever got the 10%.

Will be removing my card details.

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 01 April 17 20:56 BST (UK) »

When I go to my account page there is an 'Update payment card' section. If I click on that it shows my credit card information - in my case it's all blank, but I could enter the information and then click on the 'Update your card details'.

You should be able to see your own credit card information there and make changes to it. sami

Thanks Sami. I feel they should be there, but mine is all blank too.
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 01 April 17 21:10 BST (UK) »
My card details are blank as well, but I've got the renewal box ticked. I don't remember removal the details, so I guess FindMyPast did.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 01 April 17 21:28 BST (UK) »
I think it's not as simple as merely unticking the auto-renewal box. This was discussed recently on thread about 1 month for £1 offer. I always unticked the box but when I signed back in and checked I would find it ticked again. At the moment it's staying unticked but I don't trust it and check EVERY time I sign in...
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!