Author Topic: Jeremiah Foley and wife Julia Loughnan/Loughnane  (Read 731 times)

Offline foleygirl

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Jeremiah Foley and wife Julia Loughnan/Loughnane
« on: Saturday 01 April 17 21:54 BST (UK) »
Searching for any information about Jeremiah Foley born 1827 in Islandbrach Cork, Ireland. His death certificate states he died at the Workhouse in Millstreet on 13 Aug 1872. His wife Julia Loughnan/Loughnane was born about 1827 to 1829, possibly in Islandbrach. They had 7 children; Mary born 1856, Bridget born 1857, Nora born 1860, Delia born 1858, Timothy born 1863, John born 1865, James born 1870.
I have found record that Jeremiah and Julia lived in County Cork, in the Barony of Duhallow, Kilmeen Parish, in the Townland of Doonsasleen, South.
The child John Foley and wife Johanna Cremin/Cremen were married at the Immaculate Conception Parish in Boherbue where John Foley was baptized there. This family lived in Umarabee/Umaraboy area. Jeremiah's wife, Julia Loughnane Foley and 7 children Emigrated to America 18 years after Jeremiah died which was 1889. All of the other siblings already came to America in previous years.
I am trying to find Jeremiah's grave and any info about the family. Jeremiah is my 2nd great grandfather.
Thank you,
Trudy

Offline ballydw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Jeremiah Foley and wife Julia Loughnan/Loughnane
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 01 April 17 23:44 BST (UK) »
Hello Trudy & welcome to rootschat. Various sources you could try www.nationalarchives.ie has griffiths valuation records & in 1852 Parish Kilmeen townland Doonasleen south shows a Jeremiah Foley
1852 griffiths also shows a Joseph Loughnan parish Kilmeen Townland Knocknacurragh.
Likely that Jeremiah & Julia may have been from adjoining townlands.
You can also look at Roman Catholic church records Baptisms/Marriages at www.registers.nli.ie
As for locating a grave for Jeremiah you could look at www.historicgraves.ie www.boherbue.com is a site that may help you as it mentions places you mentioned on your post
Good luck in your research.