Author Topic: Tralee Workhouse Records Search?  (Read 583 times)

Offline Suemagoo

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Tralee Workhouse Records Search?
« on: Saturday 01 April 17 22:58 BST (UK) »
Can anyone advise how I can request a records check for my Great Grandmother- Julia Leary who I believe passed away in the Tralee Workhouse on 2 February 1910. I want to see if there is any information on next of kin and where she may be buried. Her husband passed away 19 June 1901 and was from Ballygarron. His daughter Hannah Leary was present at his passing, so also trying to find out where they may be buried. (Hopefully together) They were Roman Catholic at the time.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated by my family.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Elwyn Soutter

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Tralee Workhouse Records Search?
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 01 April 17 23:11 BST (UK) »
This link gives you some information about Tralee workhouse. It also mentions that the Board of Guardians minutes still exist. They are management records but do mention some inmates, if something unusual happened to them. However what you really want is the indoor admission records. Itís not clear if they have survived and if so, where they are held. However Kerry County Library may know that.

http://www.workhouses.org.uk/Tralee/
Elwyn

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Suemagoo

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Tralee Workhouse Records Search?
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 02 April 17 16:57 BST (UK) »
Thank you very much for the help and advice.  Just need to confirm next of kin to ensure I have the correct ancestor.

Your kindness is very much appreciated.