Author Topic: Fairymount Tibohine  (Read 2722 times)

Offline Dooniver

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Fairymount Tibohine
« on: Saturday 01 April 17 23:47 BST (UK) »
Hi my name is Bernadette and I'm trying to find family in the area of Fairymount that were baptised in the 1850's . Which church would they have been baptised in ? The surname was Grady - Bridget Grady and her brother Thomas , came to Stoke on Trent in the Uk early 1860's . Bridget married a James Casey in Fairymount in 1852 . Bridget's remaining siblings were Mary Grady - baptised 1837 -Ann Grady - baptised 1841 and Alice Grady baptised 1844 . Any help would be most appreciated.

Online Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Fairymount Tibohine
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 02 April 17 01:04 BST (UK) »
Fairymount is in the Civil Parish of Kilgenfin
https://www.johngrenham.com/c_parish/c_parish_main.php?civilparishid=2053&county=Roscommon&civilparish=Kilgefin&CountyMap=

Click on the link '6 Church Records' in the panel 'A summary of research sources for Kilgefin' on the right

I clicked on it more than once so it won't let me back in to see it again just now, but I did find the RC parish if that's what you need which is Clontuskert but their records start 1865
http://registers.nli.ie/parishes/0540

Offline Dooniver

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Fairymount Tibohine
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 02 April 17 21:07 BST (UK) »
Thank you for the reply - I'm just about to open the link. I have found my great great grandmother Catherine Casey nee Grady being baptised in Fairymount, along with her siblings in the 1850's and early 1860's.Her mother Bridget ,along with an uncle and three aunts were also baptised there in the
1830's - early 1840's. Bridget herself married a Jacobus Casey in the parish of Castlemore and Kilcolman in Feb 1852. Bridget , Catherine and her uncle Thomas along with her siblings Patrick and Mary are found in the 1880 uk census living in Stoke on Trent . Her husband James Casey died in Stoke in 1869 so the family must have left Ireland not long before that.

I would love to find out what happened to Mary ,Ann and Alice Grady - Bridget's sisters who don't appear in the English records.
Thank you for your interest  :)