Author Topic: John PIGOTT born c1796 West Dereham/Hilgay/Southery?  (Read 1140 times)

Offline norfolkgal

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
John PIGOTT born c1796 West Dereham/Hilgay/Southery?
« on: Thursday 28 July 05 13:11 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I am trying to find out where and when John PIGOTT was born, and so find his parents(hopefully).
He married Mary ROLFE in 1823 in Hilgay.
In 1825 his first son was born in Hilgay.
In 1841 (census) he is living at West Dereham and is a farmer. The age on the census makes him born c1796 but ofcourse he could be up to 4 years older than that - so I presume his baptism would have been 1792-1797 (probably).
I know there were a lot of PIGOTTs in Southery so I am hoping to find a connection with them.
So, if anyone has access to the baptisms for 1792-1797 for Hilgay, Southery or West Dereham, could they please check him out for me.
Thanks
Norfolkgal

Nfk-ADCOCK,BOWMAN,BRUNDLE,BULLEN,CARNELL,CLARK,CURTIS, DOWNING,DUFFIELD,DUNN,EVERETT,FINCHAM,FULLER,GAPLEY,GUYMER, HARRIS,HENSBY,HOWSE,HUBBARD,KENT,LINCOLN,MANN,MASON,MILES,
MITCHELL,NEAL,PAGE,PALMER,PIGOTT,RATTHAM,RICHES,RIX,RUST,
SCOTT,STEGGLES,THOMPSON,TILLS,WALE,WHITE
Cambs-BUZZARD,CRICK,COX,DARLEY,FLINDERS,GARRETT,GREEN, GROUNDS,HOLLINSTEAD,NORMAN,PAYNE,TYERS,WILKINSON
Sfk-BULL,COWELL,FINCHAM,MASON,TOKELOVE,TRETT
Chesh-BLACKBRUFF,BROWN,BURNS,LEAH,MAJOR,NOMEN,ROBERTS,
ROBINSON,WARING

Offline ACM21

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John PIGOTT born c1796 West Dereham/Hilgay/Southery?
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 03 April 24 06:08 BST (UK) »
Hello Norforlkgal - Hello from Australia! You may no longer use this account but John Pigott is my 4th Great Grandfather. His 3rd great grandson is my father, Brad Pigott.

Offline maddys52

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 03 April 24 09:53 BST (UK) »
Welcome to RootsChat ACM21.

Norfolkgal has not been active on here since 2021, however hopefully she still has the same email address and will receive notification of your post. I'm sure she would be happy to hear from you.

Offline norfolkgal

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 03 April 24 16:24 BST (UK) »
Hi, Thanks for getting in touch - I am very interested in my Australian 'cousins'.
Nfk-ADCOCK,BOWMAN,BRUNDLE,BULLEN,CARNELL,CLARK,CURTIS, DOWNING,DUFFIELD,DUNN,EVERETT,FINCHAM,FULLER,GAPLEY,GUYMER, HARRIS,HENSBY,HOWSE,HUBBARD,KENT,LINCOLN,MANN,MASON,MILES,
MITCHELL,NEAL,PAGE,PALMER,PIGOTT,RATTHAM,RICHES,RIX,RUST,
SCOTT,STEGGLES,THOMPSON,TILLS,WALE,WHITE
Cambs-BUZZARD,CRICK,COX,DARLEY,FLINDERS,GARRETT,GREEN, GROUNDS,HOLLINSTEAD,NORMAN,PAYNE,TYERS,WILKINSON
Sfk-BULL,COWELL,FINCHAM,MASON,TOKELOVE,TRETT
Chesh-BLACKBRUFF,BROWN,BURNS,LEAH,MAJOR,NOMEN,ROBERTS,
ROBINSON,WARING