Author Topic: Jonathon and Priscilla Taylor (nee Forman)...circa 1728/1732  (Read 1574 times)

Offline Meggiejayne

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Jonathon and Priscilla Taylor (nee Forman)...circa 1728/1732
« Reply #9 on: Monday 03 April 17 11:44 BST (UK) »
I think i may have found another possible for the parents of Jonathon....there is a John Taylor baptised on 20 Jan 1721 in Kirton in Holland....OK the dates are a little out and the name is John instead of Jonathon BUT the area is right. Parents are Wm (William?) and Phebe Taylor. Could fid one other sibling...William baptised 11 March 1716

No...this is not the right one as have found a burial for him a few months later. The Jonathon baptised in Boston in 1726 is buried a few months later. Another Jonathon Taylor baptised Jan 1730/1...though this was him only to find he is buried a few months later and cant find anymore Jonathon Taylors....think may have hit a brick wall!!

On actual parish registers (rather than what is online) do they show father's names as I think this will have to be the way forward as have date and place of Jonathon and Priscilla's marriage.

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 03 April 17 13:07 BST (UK) »
The entry you have found on Ancestry has been extracted from familysearch hence the family history library film number  ;)

Priscilla Forman
Baptism Date   13 Jan 1730
Kirton IN Holland,Lincoln,England
John Forman
Martha
FHL Film Number:   94062

The image for this baptism is on lincstothepast
http://www.lincstothepast.com/Records/RecordDisplayTranscript.aspx?oid=518915&iid=283249

At this time the calendar year started in March/April therefore the date of the baptism was 1729, often given for family history purposes as 1729/30

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 03 April 17 13:10 BST (UK) »
On actual parish registers (rather than what is online) do they show father's names as I think this will have to be the way forward as have date and place of Jonathon and Priscilla's marriage.

Are you referring to marriages  :-\   Fathers name was not required until the introduction of registration in 1837.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Meggiejayne

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 03 April 17 14:02 BST (UK) »
Thank you

I'm OK with Priscilla and have managed to back to her  great grandparents - Edward and Dorothy Forman.

Jonathon is proving somewhat difficult as I'm not really sure where to look. I know from the marriage entry on FreeReg that although they married in the Stump in Boston they were both from the parish of Kirton so am now questioning just where Jonathon was from...Boston or Kirton?.....plus why they would have married in St Botolph in Boston and not Kirton where they were from?

Having trawled trough both Ancestry and Freewebs I can find a number of Jonathon Taylors baptised around the correct time but they were all buried within a few months/years of the baptism. I do find a Jonathon Taylor baptised in Benington, which I know is on the opposite side of Boston to Kirton but its the only one I can find that lives beyond infancy. His parents are a Johnathon and Jane Taylor. Its possible that this could be him but places are wrong.